magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken Storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtswanson
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Broken Storage Reply with quote

I have been using mj on a thin client for about one year. I now cannot get mj to start. When mj starts, it begins to upgrade and I get a red broken storage message and the upgrade process aborts.

Looking at my thin client, I see my C drive is nearly full. I think that I might need an mj upgrade but do not have enough space.

I have an HP Neoware CA15 with 256mb flash for my C drive. When I look at that C drive I see that there is only 17.3 mb free. The only changes to the drive I have made have been mj upgrades.

I see this folder, "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\mjusbsp\" has the magicjack.exe program which has a date of 2/26/2010. There are multiple sub folders that I think may be able to delete.

... ar00000 1.29mb
... in00000 7.26mb
... lr00000 136kb
... Profile empty
... st00000 734kb
... ug00000 12.0mb including a 10mb file setup.exe dated 8/15/2010
... Upgrade 7.35mb including a 6.5mb file setup2.exe dated 2/26/2010

It seems to me the "ug00000" folder contains an upgrade that is not being completed so I may need that folder.

I would appreciate any suggestions or insights on this. Thanks.
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your system needs to be upgraded to 512MB FLASH C: drive. 256 MB is just not enough room anymore for MJ and Windows XPe.
curtswanson
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I tried deleting those folders and doing a "clean" update. No go. It worked great until I rebooted. The update simply put those folders back. Pretty lame if you ask me. At that point I had no C drive space left at all. I'll be upgrading the DOM. I may be back to ask questions.
mattofomaha
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Does any body know how to make MJ run from usb Flash drive? Reply with quote

Hi Digg, I have the exact same situation like Curtswanson having. For quick solution I added a USB flash drive on MJ and I tried to change the reference to the mjusbsp directory location to the new Drive letter from MJ desktop Icon and I cut and pasted the "\mjusbsp\"directory in to new flash drive but every time when I start MJ it recreates the directory again in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\mjusbsp\".
My question is do you or anybody knows how to reference the MJ to work in or from the USB Flash drive instead of From "C:\" drive?
I would appreciate if anyone knows how to do it and let me know.
Thank you all in advance.
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is what you are looking for -

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/fix-for-the-t5700-hp-units-with-256meg-no-need-to-buy-512m-t9631.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: