magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call Forwarding Issue When Turning Off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horn34
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding Issue When Turning Off Reply with quote

This never happened on the original magicjack, but with the magicjack plus, after you turn off Call Forwarding in your account settings, the phone line is dead until you unplug/plug in the unit. This makes the Call Forwarding feature pretty useless, unless you want to keep it on all the time.

Am I the only one with this issue?
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so, as I can switch my CF with no issues. As a matter of point, I have one MJ device I NEVER even plug in and have the number forwarded all the time with no issues. Not sure what's happening on your end, but maybe try the call center and go from there. I'm having an issue with Voice mail kicking in when a call is call forwarded to my phone and it's busy, and callers should be getting a busy signal. After many emails with Tech, they offered to send me another unit FREE, although I still don't see how a device can be the cause when CF works even if the device isn't plugged in, but I'll see once it gets here Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: