magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call Forwarding ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatmaninthebathtub
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Call Forwarding ? Reply with quote

Its no longer listed in features, whats going on?
Frankfone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding - we will have to pay Reply with quote

Very disappointed again with Dan Borislow greed. I just paid for another year a few days ago and now, if you look at the bottom of the answers on FAQ's for call forward, it has a date of September 13 and it looks like they will charge per minute of use. Not much but, eventually it will be another ripoff like AT&T. $ 4.95 a year for 100 min a month and $ 19.95 for 500 a month. And if you read the terms of use, they just modified it.Dan sad once that each line cost him $ 0.60 a year, that he felt charging $ 19.95 was an excellent profit. Yes, greed has no limit.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
areamike
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not cool.
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe they are now charging for call forwarding....that stinks Dan! What's next?!?
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had the following chat:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Jaclyn'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTKXXXXXXXX

Jaclyn: Hello, how may I help you?

Ted: Is there now a charge for call forwarding??

Jaclyn: May I know if you where did you encounter that call forwarding has a charge for enabling it?

Ted: When I went to my account.

Jaclyn: One moment please...

Jaclyn: May I know where in your account prompts that there will be a charge for call forwarding feature?

Jaclyn: Have you enabled your call forwarding feature, Ted?

Ted: When I go to features, it no longer has call forwarding.

Jaclyn: http://my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html

Jaclyn: Please click here to access your call forwarding.

Jaclyn: I apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered with regards to your call forwarding feature on your account, Our higher department are still updating on it, For we are working on a new call forwarding service to be more convenient to our valued magicJack users.

Ted: So, there is not going to be a charge?

Jaclyn: I apologize, Ted but we do not have the information as of this time for they're not yet done updating with the new service for call forwarding.

Ted: So, there will be a charge?

Jaclyn: Yes, Ted.

Ted: That's not right, I have bought 3 MJ's and recommended the service to many friends.

Jaclyn: Please don't worry for we have not rolled out the new service for call forwarding feature as of this time. I understand your concern.

Ted: It's not right....a lot of us have bought 5 year plans, and now this!!

Jaclyn: This update does not affect the old magicJack users, Ted.

Ted: So, there will not be a charge for the old users?

Jaclyn: My apologies but I will not be able to provide an exact details yet with this new updated call forwarding feature since as of now, this feature still on a work progress.

Ted: Okay, Thank you. Bye.

I hope they have so many complaints that they will rethink this!
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like Frankfone said this statement is on the MJ site:
To enable call forwarding, if available, enter the phone number you want
the magicJack to forward to in the �Number to Forward Calls To�. Set �Call
Forwarding Status� to ON, and follow the prompts to checkout.
Plan Options: 100 minutes per month $4.95/year, or 500 minutes per month $19.95/year.
sainttammany
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Call fordwarding. Reply with quote

I use the CF daily. I bought MJs for family and friends years ago. I discovered the missing option some time back. I have no use for the MJ without it. It is no longer the innovation that it once was or could have been with the "hot spot" they promised last year. I would think that Dan is a pretty bright guy, that is too smart to shoot himself in the foot. If it turns out that he is not, I will gather up mine, and shoot them with a 50 cal Michelle and post it on youtube. Most companies are doing this kind of crap and I am gonna fight back.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please consider selling your MJ dongle on Ebay for a few bucks instead.

Somebody else can definitely use it with the GVJack App + Google Voice where call forwarding and everything else is still free.
mmagic
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going away for the weekend, want to forward to my cell phone.

Today I was able to go directly to

http://my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html

and enable forwarding. I have not signed up for a forwarding plan. Maybe that's just a temporary loophole.
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the CF is no longer listed, but thanks to mmagic's link above, it takes you to the page required, and all is status quo for my #'s so far....I would suggest if the link works for others too, that it be saved to favorites to allow access for as long as it does continue to work Wink
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above mentioned link no longer works and CF is no longer shown as a Call Feature.

Any news?
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the link, and my own shortcut still work for me....takes me to my login page, then to the CF page, which I have turned on at all times, so maybe that makes a difference.
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding Sounds Like It's Gone For Good Reply with quote

Two days ago I inquired about their Call Forwarding Feature and was given this link to access it; https://my.magicjack.com/my/Call-Forwarding.html to switch a line. Today the link is dead and according to Live Help on my account page its gone and no ETA for its return is available...Spread the word, They officially suck bad now, dont give them a red cent in the future!!!!!!!! The original excuse was that they were editing their website, Today Tara told me via live help that its gone completely.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html

again, this link still works for me today....I'm using the original MJ and not the plus in case that makes a difference, and I've made no changes to my CJ since I installed it...it's ALWAYS CF to my landline, and still working today.

I must say though, up till now I've been 100% happy with MJ for what I've paid and get, but this is the first time I've been affected my Dan's greed in regards to MJ...although he really pissed me off with his forcing the Women's league to shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding? Reply with quote

The link may appear to work, however if you click on call features there is no "Call Forwarding" Section. They redirected that link to your Account Login Link; Compare that link to where it actually ends up and see for yourself. They are very slick when it comes to stuff like that!!!
ztones
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charging for call forwarding is ridiculous. Every phone company / service I had every been with offered that for free. What is the justification? If I took an incoming call or made an outgoing call on same line, it would be free. Just b/c its automated its now somehow more cost for MJ? Seems like opportunism to me....
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding? Reply with quote

FYI....Please Read

Mae: Hello, how may I help you?

Chris: I would like my number forwarded please, I cannot do it myself since the links and the function are now gone

Mae: May I have the Magicjack phone number for me to check it here?check

Chris: 407-391-7542

Mae: Thank you.

Mae: By the way, How are you?

Chris: I am good, how are you?

Mae: Good to hear that. I'm Fine. thanks for asking.

Chris: You are quite welcome!

Mae: May I know the Full name you use in magcijack please?

Chris: ClockWork Droid

Mae: thank you for clarifying that.

Chris: NP

Mae: have you used call forwarding before?

Chris: Yes I have, I use it with my other 2 MJ's but the function in my login is gone now...can u please forward it for me

Mae: May I have the number of your other MJ please?

Chris: No because I do not want the call forwarding for them disabled...can u do this or not?

Mae: As of the moment, the call forwarding is not available. We are making some updates on our system and we are still working on it.

Chris: My other numbers have nothing to do with this, all I want is the new one that I purchased today forwarded too!

Mae: Understood.

Chris: So you can turn it off for a number but not enable it...I was told this by Tara on Live Chat earlier, is this true?

Mae: One moment please...

Chris: ok

Mae: thank you for waiting. As of the moment, the call forwarding feature is not availbe.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Forwarding? Reply with quote

Palerider0098 wrote:
The link may appear to work, however if you click on call features there is no "Call Forwarding" Section. They redirected that link to your Account Login Link; Compare that link to where it actually ends up and see for yourself. They are very slick when it comes to stuff like that!!!

well I just used the link again: it took me to my login, which I did, then took me directly to the Call Forwarding page for both my #'s...I only had 1 CF, so just to see, I set up the other one to CF too, and it all went well and is now CF....so not sure why the above link doesn't work for you, but it works for me up here in Canada in case that makes a difference. I realize that there is no longer any CF section under call features, but that link seems to bypass all that so far Wink
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Forwarding Sounds Like It's Gone For Good Reply with quote

Palerider0098 wrote:
Two days ago I inquired about their Call Forwarding Feature and was given this link to access it;https://my.magicjack.com/my/Call-Forwarding.html to switch a line.

Take out the "my/" in the middle and it will work.
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Call Forwarding? Reply with quote

Why would anyone be shocked...they might as well enhancement pills for both sexes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding? Reply with quote

Does anyone from Magic Jack read these?
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Pay for Call Forwarding by the Minute? Reply with quote

Hello All,

Those rates are absolutely outrageous!! Go to www.phonesoft.com and download their GV App that uses any MJ USB Dongle...It works great and you can control the call forwarding if need be through the Google Voice Console...Which is FREE. Here is the CNET article: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33153_7-57425989-10391733/turn-an-old-magicjack-into-a-google-voice-accessory/

They have 2 plans, the standard is 12.95 a Year, the professional is 19.95 a year. They have many more features like Call Priority, Call Forwarding, Speed Dial, Call Screening, etc... I have tried it and it works great. You can also switch back and forth between MJ and GV by simply re-inserting the Dongle and selecting the MJ executable and not firing up the Google Voice Software. Very Happy
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this link will work better for the app...free 7 day trial too Wink

http://download.pcphonesoft.com/index.html
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Call Forwarding? Reply with quote

My bad...you are correct...I forgot the PC; it is http://pcphonesoft.com
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Current MJ Users Will Pay When They Renew...READ THIS...SSDD Reply with quote

You are now chatting with 'Jerry'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554083155307X

Jerry: Hello, how may I help you?

Jeff: Hello...How are you?

Jerry: fine Jeff.

Jerry: May I know the exact nature of your problem with full details please?

Jeff: Quick question...When I renew my service on 11/01/2012 will I still have access to the call forwarding feature as part of my account? or will I have to pay for it?

Jerry: Did you used the call forwarding before?

Jeff: Yes I did and still do

Jerry: May i have your mj phone number please?

Jeff: I bought a new usb one from CVS 2 days ago and when I set it up I found out that it costs money now..hence my question.

Jeff: If I give you my number are you going to delete my Caller ID Function on that number?

Jerry: okay i will provide you a link to try to access your call forwarding

Jerry: Please click here to access call forwarding

Jeff: not what I asked for...please answer my question directly!!!!

Jeff: I already have that link...like I said it works now but will it work when I renew?

Jeff: I want a direct and to the point answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jerry: May i have your mj phone number please?

Jerry: so that i can check it here

Jeff: How come u cannot give me a straight answer?

Jerry: We cannot do delete Your caller ID . We no access to control it

Jeff: The answer should be a magicjack worldwide policy and not based on my number

Jeff: Again I ask:...When I renew my service on 11/01/2012 will I still have access to the call forwarding feature as part of my account? or will I have to pay for it?

Jeff: please answer this exact question!!!!

Jeff: I am looking for a Yes we are or no we will not answer!

Jeff: we being magicjack and not you in particular

Jerry: About the Call forwarding , We dont have the exact information about it.

Jerry: Because our higher department is still updating on it

Jeff: When will you know?

Jerry: As this moment there is no latest information about the call forwardind features

Jeff: Are you in the USA?

Jerry: YEs

Jeff: Never heard the term "Higher Department" Used Before!
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding? Reply with quote

Here is the gist of my many hours of wasting time with these people:

If you own a MJ...do not expect anything honest from them, and drop them like a TURD in the toilet!! Let's make a stand against shitty company's like this, after all turn about is fair play!
vegasdude
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: F**K Reply with quote

This sucks. No call forwarding no email notification. I'm not renewing next year.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: F**K Reply with quote

vegasdude wrote:
This sucks. no email notification. I'm not renewing next year.

email notification is part of the voice mail system, not the CF...where did you find this info?
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: More B.S. From The Live Chat Help! Reply with quote

You are now chatting with 'Stela'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554083462663X

Stela: Hello, how may I help you?

Chris: Mine line is up for renewal on 11/1/2012 and I need to know if I will have to pay for call forwarding when I do renew?

Stela: We do not have the update for the call forwarding yet and it is not yet available on your account portal. However our engineers are working with it and it will be back soon.

Stela: Check your account portal from time to time.

Chris: Not what I asked you: I am up for renewal in a couple of weeks so will I have to pay then?

Stela: Yes, for the renewal you need to pay to renew.

Chris: or will it still be included in the package?

Chris: READ WHAT I TYPE PLEASE! Will I have to pay by the minute for call forwarding after I renew?

Stela: The payment for renewal is for the service/subscription of the device, other features that needs payment will not be included and you may pay it separately.

Chris: Is Call Forwarding still included like it is now or will it be extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Chris: Just a simple yes it is or no it is now please!

Stela: As I have stated above we do not have the update yet for the Call forwarding.

Stela: We are not allowed to give a guess since it is not available yet. Our engineers are still working with it.

Chris: When will you have one?

Stela: We do not have time frame and we are not allowed to give a guess.

Chris: Engineers do not make ploicy, they fix stuff

Stela: They took the call forwarding feature since they are still updating and working on it to serve you better.

Stela: So please wait for the update from time to time. Check your email address or your account portal.

Chris: You are not allowed to say jack...I know this. I have asked more than once and all I get are incorrect vague answers and lies
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

You are now chatting with 'Mary'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554083473443X
Mary: Hello, how may I help you?
Samuel: If I buy a Magic Jack USB phone thing today does it come with call waiting included, or is it extra?
Mary: Let me assist you with that.
Mary: Call waiting is free with magicJack, Samuel.
Samuel: okay so if I were to go buy your older usb model right now and set it up online that would be included?
Mary: Do you mean the Standard magicJack?
Samuel: yes I do
Samuel: Standard=USB Plus=TCP/IP Only
Mary: Yes, that would be included.
Samuel: and would that be the same for one that I purchased last week?
Samuel: How about Call Forwarding, is that free as well?
Mary: Yes, call waiting is available with magicJack devices.
Mary: Unfortunately, call forwarding is currently unavailable.
Samuel: I noticed in that when I logged in under my number for the older ones that I own it is still there
Samuel: My new one does not have this feature in my account control panel
Samuel: how much does it cost now, I do need this feature
Mary: Yes, it is unavailable as of the moment.
Samuel: okay so how about an answer for my other two questions
Samuel: How much does it cost?
Mary: The call forwarding is not available as of now, so I cannot provide you the price.
Samuel: Is this Technical Support or Sales?
Samuel: Hello?
Mary: Do you mean the price for the call forwarding feature?
Samuel: No, I mean which department are you? I clicked on sales but your replies sound like the "Live Help" in my MJ Control Panel.
Mary: I am under Technical Support. However, we also offer billing.
Samuel: Shocking...Once again nice job lying to Current Customers!
four2x4
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Forwarding - we will have to pay Reply with quote

This goes WAY beyond disappointment. I use a magic jack number to forward my marketing. Because I have more than one number I wasn't aware that they disconnected my forwarding WITHOUT notice to me. This has cost me several thousand dollars in lost revenue. My cal volume had slowed down substantially and I could not understand why. Because I market with a few different numbers, it took me 2 weeks to realize that they'd shut this off with no notice to me.
I can prove my losses and intend on suing.
Whether I can win or not, they HAVE hurt my business and I'm going to fight for my lost revenues. Thankfully I can prove the call volume and the revenues that come from that volume.

Frankfone wrote:
Very disappointed again with Dan Borislow greed. I just paid for another year a few days ago and now, if you look at the bottom of the answers on FAQ's for call forward, it has a date of September 13 and it looks like they will charge per minute of use. Not much but, eventually it will be another ripoff like AT&T. $ 4.95 a year for 100 min a month and $ 19.95 for 500 a month. And if you read the terms of use, they just modified it.Dan sad once that each line cost him $ 0.60 a year, that he felt charging $ 19.95 was an excellent profit. Yes, greed has no limit.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that a receiving phone company generally charges a call termination fee for each and every MJ-forwarded call that it receives, and that MJ probably at least sometimes needs to pay a third telecom co. for some calls that are forwarded to a non-local number as well, I can see MJ requiring a per-minute fee for forwarded calls beyond a certain number of forwarded calls (or forwarded minutes) per month or year, and for calls forwarded to numbers whose phone company MJ does not have a termination fee agreement with. But to charge a per-minute fee for every minute of each and every forwarded call is ridiculous. They should just up everyone's annual fee a bit if they really need to and be done with it. But NO, they want to keep nickel-and-dime-ing us, little-by-little, bit-by-bit, so that the company can show its stock investors a steadily increasing profit over time. I think this strategy may ultimately backfire. Certainly, very heavy users of call forwarding will probably find MagicJack not worth the trouble and will go with some other provider... whether or not that is MJ's intention or expectation is anyone's guess...
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Call Forwarding - we will have to pay Reply with quote

[quote="four2x4"]This goes WAY beyond disappointment. I use a magic jack number to forward my marketing. Because I have more than one number I wasn't aware that they disconnected my forwarding WITHOUT notice to me. This has cost me several thousand dollars in lost revenue. My cal volume had slowed down substantially and I could not understand why. Because I market with a few different numbers, it took me 2 weeks to realize that they'd shut this off with no notice to me.
I can prove my losses and intend on suing.
Whether I can win or not, they HAVE hurt my business and I'm going to fight for my lost revenues. Thankfully I can prove the call volume and the revenues that come from that volume.

good luck with your endeavors,, cause if they did disconnect you without notice, I think you have an issue......but you should make sure your CF was disconnected....those of us who already had ours CF 100% seem to still have all our calls CF, at least I still do.....and access thru the link shows that CF is still active, and changeable. If your CF was actually disconnected, then your the first one in this thread to report such...anyone else????
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Call Forwarding - we will have to pay Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
anyone else????

Mine is still working.

My year is up in a few weeks. I was tempted to renew to avoid the hassle of having to fully switch over to my GV #. I have now started that transition.
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding? Reply with quote

I am ditching all 3 of my MJ's which includes my new one that I had to buy two weeks ago. Nettalk is by far a better deal and Call Fording is part of the package at no additional charge.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Call Forwarding? Reply with quote

Palerider0098 wrote:
I am ditching all 3 of my MJ's which includes my new one that I had to buy two weeks ago. Nettalk is by far a better deal and Call Fording is part of the package at no additional charge.

I don't question the logic of dumping MagicJack. I do however question the logic of switching to NetTalk. Their forum has recently been littered with customers unhappy with their call quality and customer service. There was a fairly recent post of someone dumping their NetTalk and moving to MagicJack.

Just an opinion, but I would first try the GVJack App which you can try out free for 7 days using one of the 3 MJ's you are ditching. If you like it, you can get service for as little as $13 with no additional investment in hardware.
wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netTALK has been working great for me (actually better volume than magicjack). You will find customers unhappy with any service. I think Magicjack and netTALK are about equal on issues.

I have a HUGE problem when a company promises one thing like FREE CALL FORWARDING then takes it away in the middle of your subscription. Then to make it worse when you want to port out to someone that does offer FREE CALL FORWARDING magicjack then tries to charge you $30(DONT PAY THIS, btw). Least they could do is offer free port out if they desire to bait and switch.
wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing on netTALK. They have CallerID WITH NAME. What a concept. I have HATED that Magicjack doesnt show the name of the caller without setting up a contact in your phone or account. I dont need to know the name of the number I already know. It is the numbers I DONT KNOW that I want caller id with name.

Again I have problems with netTALK but they are less critical than Magicjack.
wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one more thing. I am not some netTALK fan boy. Look at the memberlist. I am number two on the list. I have been a customer for a very long time. I helped setup this forum. I used to spend HOURS a day helping Magicjack customers with support on the old chat support service (FOR FREE). I will NEVER recommend Magicjack to another person. Any company except Magicjack is what I will tell people now.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgnweb wrote:
And one more thing. I am not some netTALK fan boy. Look at the memberlist. I am number two on the list. I have been a customer for a very long time. I helped setup this forum. I used to spend HOURS a day helping Magicjack customers with support on the old chat support service (FOR FREE). I will NEVER recommend Magicjack to another person. Any company except Magicjack is what I will tell people now.

I don't think anyone with a sane mind could recommend MagicJack to anyone other than an enemy at this point. Their lack of concern for customers is now legendary. For those with current good service the annual charge is still a good deal, if you can live with the fact that your good service, or a feature you like/rely on, may be gone when you wake up in the morning. I am a fan boy of trying out the GVJack App as a continued cheap alternative.
wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on the questions and answer section

-----------------------------------
YES, if available, visit http://my.magicjack.com and login to set up Call Forwarding. Click "Call Forwarding" under the "Call Features" tab and follow the prompts to check out.

The call forwarding feature may not be used to forward calls to conference, platform and non-ILEC area telephone numbers.

Plan Options: 100 minutes per month $4.95/year, or 500 minutes per month $19.95/year.
-----------------------------------

This Q&A was posted in september so WHY WHY WHY is customer service telling customers they dont have any information on what happend to call forwarding and they dont know what the pricing is going to be? This is right on their website.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issues with MJ's way of doing business are nothing new. Dan was famous for his dirty ways of doing business even in the distant past days when i considered the service a good deal and recommended it to other people.
A few things to recall from the past ;
- deceptive advertisement
- problems with charges/refunds
- problems with warranty replacements
- sudden blocking of a multitude of phone numbers, exchanges and area codes
- sudden blocking of conference call access numbers
- introduction of a nonexistent 4.8% "regulatory fee"
- steep hike of yearly subscription fee
- charging yearly fee for a ported number
- attemting to charge for port out (illegal)
- later, introduction of toll charges for previously blocked numbers
- later, blocking of access numbers for alternative international long distance providers
-and now, the thing with call forwarding.

Very many people, including some very helpful first hour folks, left MJ a long time ago.
There is simply no imaginable reason why to stick to this service. The best advise which can be given to almost any question here is : Get rid off it and get something else! That should be posted as a banner across every page here.
In order to stay "close to home" I usually recommend GV jack here, it gives you the possibility to recycle the MJ dongle and is probably the cheapest solution. But I think that people should explore Obi adapter and all the possibilities it offers with providers like Google voice, Localphone, Callcentric, Anveo etc.

Maybe the mods of this forum will consider converting it into an independent VOIP forum
Totechnical
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: OMG! Link for Call Forwarding Reply with quote

Thank you so very much mmagic for this link. I set up call forwarding last year from my computer magic jack to my magic jack plus. Although I forgot how I did it, you would think there would be simple instructions on how to turn the dang thing off. I needed to stop forwarding so that I could get my fax to recognize the call from my computer magic jack. Everything works now. You should sell your knowledge on eBay - Smile Thank you once again.
Totechnical
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: The Difference between Managed and Unmanaged Reply with quote

I guess I come from an era (1970's, 1980's and 90's) where big business made decisions after a lot of discussion, procedures, analyses, testing, more analyses, procedure reviews and more meetings were done to ensure good products came from our company.

For some reason, the 2000's and 2010's feel they can just roll out products, make independent decisions and let the cards fall where they may. However, if Magic Jack did make the decision to remove this link knowing how pissed of their customers might get, well then, I guess they'll ultimately get what they deserve.

I can understand a business making changes to make more money, that's just the nature of business. However, to make a decision by removing the link to create call forwarding is one thing. But to remove it and not offer their customers an easy way to discontinue the forwarding is totally another matter entirely. If not for this forum, I would have in the end cancelled my subscription as I needed to break off forwarding to get my fax machine answering.

I may be in my 50's and old - but for some reason, the newbies in business seem to be making these decisions without thinking these things through.
wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats worse than them taking the feature away is that it will come back, and when it comes back they are going to charge for call forwarding after getting you to purchase MagicJack with the assumption that it will have all the features it said it would on the box and on the internet.

My number porting just completed over to netTALK. It took one week and I did NOT pay magicjack $30 like they said I needed to do in order to complete the port.

I recommend anyone upset about what MagicJack has done with call forwarding to LEAVE. Go somewhere else. Go to netTALK or GV or Vonage or Ooma or wherever. AND DONT PAY THE $30 PORT OUT FEE, the port will go thru fine.
Totechnical
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding Reply with quote

Yes - I agree that what was done by MJ could be seen as bad business. The reality is, anyone you switch to will eventually do the same thing. What MJ did do wrong however, was take something away that is definitely needed for those customers who already use the call forwarding feature. They took no action to get in touch with customers that, should they ever need to shut it off, they would need to do - whatever they decided would make sense. Instead they simply took it out of the menu and left us hanging.

It is upsetting to everyone when a company does something to try and make more money. They run their percentages of how many people they will most likely lose, but in the end it's always a gamble. How many people currently use this option? Perhaps it's in the neighborhood of 10% in which case, they don't care if they leave. But if it's more than 50% then they just could go out of business by making this change.

I only ask that MJ and all these other Techno Businesses, think hard through all the permutations that can possibly exist before they make changes. I mean heck - look at Facebook - tell me they didn't piss off millions of people when they made changes to something that was supposed to be simple, fast and fun. Now it became a chore just to go on their site.
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call forwarding still seem to work... I guess it is grandfathered for accounts that had it before...
telcoman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through all of this as well and the other link works, but now calls that forward are delayed in cutting through. i get about 4 seconds of dead air before I can talk to the person and the caller id is always from one same 7 digit number (not 10)
vineyud
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack/call forwarding Reply with quote

Another scam by Magic Jack. Paid my annual dues two weeks ago. No one from MJ bothered to inform me that call forwarding was no longer available. Since then many "chats" with Magic Jack personnel make clear that their "chat" dummies are reading off a script and giving absolutely no information except to say call forwarding is being worked on by a "higher" department. I, for one, use call forwarding in my business and this unexplained bull**** has cost me!!!

Get rid of Magic Jack. There are a number of alternatives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: