magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calls Consistently Dropped at 3 Minutes 55 seconds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mscriv
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Calls Consistently Dropped at 3 Minutes 55 seconds Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I've had my MJ now for about 10 months and there is a consistent problem in that it will drop calls at approximately 3 minutes and 55 seconds into the call. It doesn't happen on every call, but it's consistent enough that I would say about 50% of the time.

I'm so confused. I mean if it was just randomly dropping calls then I could understand that it might be a bandwidth problem or something like that, but it is consistently at this exact time (give or take a second). Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

I'm an Apple user, so I'm running it on a 2008 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac. Everything else about the system is flawless, no glitches with the interface or the call quality. I'm an AT&T Uverse user, so I'm on broadband internet at 18mb down speed. My router is the standard 2Wire 3800HGV-B router that comes with Uverse.

The system is plugged directly into the USB port on the back of the computer as it's supposed to and I have a Panasonic cordless phone system connected. I primarily use the softphone with a USB headset for calls.

That's all I can think of, if you need any other details about my setup then let me know.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.
JoMont48
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Me too! Dropped calls.....I have a Mac Leopard though Reply with quote

And I have the new ATT Uverse which has it's own modem router combo. I have no clue how to access anything to make any changes re: ports, and if someone does have an answer, please talk to me like I'm a 5 year old, as some of these answers get pretty techy, referring to things/terms I don't understand. My parents are so tired of my dropped calls and it's downright embarrassing. I want to stay with magic jack as it is handy, I love the missed calls going to my email as Voicemail and the price can't be beat.I have the Magic Jack Plus. Help!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: