magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can both MJ/MJ+ devices be registered to the same account?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlbumich
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Can both MJ/MJ+ devices be registered to the same account? Reply with quote

I have the original MJ since 2008 and was wondering why can both devices be registered to the orginal MJ? Rolling Eyes
I just placed an order for MJ+ via softphone ad for 34.95 (none of that option stuff). My orginal MJ subscription does not end till Feb 2012. From what I understand one role over their MJ # to the MJ+? If I understand right?
Paul777
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can have both MJ and MJ+ running on same original MJ phone#. That is the exact set up I am on right now.

On my original MJ that needs a computer or thinclient, I had paid for 5 year service and have about 3 years to go. On my new MJ+ it comes with 1 year service. I will gladly pay for 5 years of service on new MJ+ but I will buy that next year. Again both are on the original phone# I got when I bought my first MJ.

And here is a nice trick that works really nice for me. When my thinclient stopped working, I didn't want to hook up the laptop and keep it running 24/7. So when I had original MJ plugged in, I clicked on call forwarding in account settings, and typed in my cell phone#. At least any incoming call would go to my cell phone. If I wanted to make outbound calls, I would turn on laptop.

Now when I received my MJ+ I registered to my same phone# as original MJ. MJ+ works great and no issues at all with beeps or anything. The cool part is now when people call my magicjack phone#, my cell phone rings and my phone plugged into MJ+ rings. Why ? Since both MJ and MJ+ are on same account, the call forwarding I set up on old MJ is still working, and the MJ+ is working as it should. So a nice side benefit until my time runs out on my original MJ. Kind of have Simulring but I paid for it. Smile
rlbumich
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you setup your MJ+ on your original account to continue using your same number?

Thanks for your responses Laughing
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rlbumich wrote:
How did you setup your MJ+ on your original account to continue using your same number?

You ask them to when you register it. Customer service will take care of it for you.
Paul777

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plugged it into laptop and followed the prompts. It was all online via the dialpad. No need to contact customer service. Might be different for other users.
scotty200

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi just when u do the online reg just put in your old mj username and password then both will work with the same number also just for more info u can call out on both at the same time so it like having 2 lines but u cant call the other mj because they have same incoming number

have a good one
phillydude411
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, at the end of 1 year MJ+ will stop working, is that correct? I still have 4 yrs left on my original MJ and would hate to give up the prepaid amount.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillydude411 wrote:
So, at the end of 1 year MJ+ will stop working, is that correct? I still have 4 yrs left on my original MJ and would hate to give up the prepaid amount.

Yes if you do not renew the plus after one year it will stop working, but if you set it up with the same number as your Orig. MJ, the Orig. MJ will continue to work till it expires...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: