magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone tell me if this client will work? Neoware e90?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chasmanz28
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Can someone tell me if this client will work? Neoware e90? Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Neoware-e90-Thin-Client/dp/B0013TVF1A/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1. Trying to find the cheapest client out there that i could afford, and was wondering if this will be enough for the magic jack? If it is what else would i need to install or do to make it work thanks.
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Check out this thread and contact the author as they have an e90 and are in the process of setting it up. Ask their progress.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/install-xpe-on-a-thin-client-for-use-with-mj-t6489.html
UPdownLoAD
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm using, but I had to get a USB hub because I found none of the ports were giving enough power to run the MagicJack.
flybeech
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it can be done. I've seen Neoware e90 for sale on eBay, ready to go for mJ and read of others that are happily calling away with their e90 running magicJack. but I have not yet figured how to get an image of XPe loaded on my new Transcend 1gb DOM. I'm still hopeful that another Neoware user will share the secrets of an XPe clean install on a Neoware thin client.
STxFarmer
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An E90 seems to run MJ fine, no issues so far. To load the image you need to use Stroths v1.2 and then add the VIA drivers for the chipset and display adapter. I updated my network driver even though Stroths image found the right adapter. I removed the wireless card as I saw no need for it any longer.

It is running on 512 ram/1GB DOM with a 64mb Ram drive. I added Logmein and Poweroff to the system. Right now I have 250 mb of free space left on the C:/ drive.

Just for info, I did put a stick of 1 GB DDR2-533 and it recognized it without issue. The 512 mb stick that it is currently running is DDR2-667.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: