magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can u plug Magicjack PLUS into any USB plug??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackforest
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Can u plug Magicjack PLUS into any USB plug?? Reply with quote

Not sure howto ask this exactly but seeing as the PLUS allows one to use it with or without a computer, could you just plug the unit into a regular USB plug like you might find for say charging iPods, cell phones, Kindles, etc?

I'm asking because I plan to move overseas and want to purchase a MJ Plus here in Canada before I leave (I don't have one just yet). I am assuming that the unit will only plug into North American wall outlets, so to bypass that issue, I have a USB plug with a European setup that will allow me to get USB power from their 220V electrical grid.

Now, again because I don't have the MJP unit yet I know some power adapters will work within the 100-220V range. Does the MJP allow that? Because if so, I could just get an adapter for the North American plugs so that it will plug into the walls overseas.

Does any of that make sense? LOL I hope someone knows what I'm asking and can help. Thanks!!!
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MJ+ power adapter has 120/240 v on it so it will work internationally with socket adapter for different countries.
It's easier to just buy a new adapter in the country where you plan to stay, just make sure the amp rating is the same or better than the MJ+ one.
You find them on ebay for cheap money.
Does not matter what they are for as long as they have correct amp or more.
Blackforest
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot wrote:
My MJ+ power adapter has 120/240 v on it so it will work internationally with socket adapter for different countries.
It's easier to just buy a new adapter in the country where you plan to stay, just make sure the amp rating is the same or better than the MJ+ one.
You find them on ebay for cheap money.
Does not matter what they are for as long as they have correct amp or more.

Thank you for letting me know about the adapter being both 120/240V. That is exactly what I was looking for!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: