magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cel phone idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Cel phone idea Reply with quote

I have Nokia 5800XM with Wifi. Can I hook it up with MJ using USB connector? Will that work?

TIA
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Cel phone idea Reply with quote

Ivone wrote:
I have Nokia 5800XM with Wifi. Can I hook it up with MJ using USB connector? Will that work?

TIA

Don't think so, you need Windows XP or better. Someone else posted a similar question. Try searching for that thread and see what the outcome was there.
netdata
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

That phone is Symbian, on my WinMo phone I used to be able to use
MJ via SIP and Fring, but since they shutdown ATAs they also
shutdown: softphones, iPhone running Siphon, and any other device
that isnt the dongle.

Check the certificates are a joke thread about the technical details.
Ivone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a stupid idea. Just imagine, going around the world with cel phone and MJ. Hook on ANY WiFi and make phone calls (no laptop need it).
srvctek
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use my cell phone just about anywhere and make phone calls, No MJ needed! Laughing Laughing Laughing
I have an unlimited everything plan. Hey wait a minute! Idea I dont even need a home phone Exclamation Shocked Laughing
Ivone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just happen we don't have "unlimited everything plan" in this banana republic. So what's the next best solution?

TIA
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivone wrote:
It just happen we don't have "unlimited everything plan" in this banana republic. So what's the next best solution?

TIA

Because MJ doesn't work with Fring anymore on Windows Mobile, I ended up signing up with voip.ms. I use the account on my cell phone. Cheap at 1/2 cent per minute for calls to Canada. That's 30 cents/hour.
tazxx
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: stupid Questions (idea's) Reply with quote

Ivone wrote:
That was a stupid idea. Just imagine, going around the world with cel phone and MJ. Hook on ANY WiFi and make phone calls (no laptop need it).

The ONLY stupid question is the ONE not asked!!!!
stav
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony wrote:
Ivone wrote:

TIA

Because MJ doesn't work with Fring anymore on Windows Mobile, I ended up signing up with voip.ms. I use the account on my cell phone. Cheap at 1/2 cent per minute for calls to Canada. That's 30 cents/hour.

Tony,
Could you expand a bit on how to use voip.ms account on cell phones? What cellphones? How to feed in info etc. TIA
casiogy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: cell phone without a sim card but a data card instead Reply with quote

Hello everybody,
I am new to this post but I wanted to share what I have done. I bought a cell phone (Motorola Droi Razer 912XT) and got a data sim card from Rogers for pay as you go plan. It has been costing me $10/mth for the past 3 months. Most of the time it is on wifi but when I go out, 3G gets me connected. They don't advertise this because all cell phone companies would be closing and Magic Jack would be shyrocketting. It does work and pretty good also. Now, because of that, my home phone # and my cel # is the same. Everybody looks for something like this and nobody I know have done it yet. Anybodyelse out there has done this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: