magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap 3-handset 5.8 dss phones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
booyah5
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Cheap 3-handset 5.8 dss phones. Reply with quote

I don't know if they are any good or not, but Office Depot has them on clearance for $29.99:

Ativa� AD583 3-Handset 5.8GHz Cordless Phone System With Call Waiting/Caller ID And Answering

I can't find any reviews out there at all and no pdf's either.
booyah5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I broke down and bought this set. It's suppose to arrive Wednesday, so I'll report my findings then. Price is good till 8/16/08.

I hope they aren't total crap and that they can work next to another 5.8 phone.
booyah5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I got these yesterday, and I charged them overnight. I've made some quick tests.

The range of these phone were acceptable to my needs, but I didn't bother to find out if they were exceptional. I didn't notice a problem with range let's say.

The speakerphone was OK, but my boyfriend said I sounded like I was 6 feet away when I was only 2 feet from the unit. He said he could make out what I was saying though. This is rather typical though for speakerphones.

The feel of the phones don't give me the impression of a $30 set. The do seem to be worth the $80 Office Depot was selling them for before the close-out. The menu choices are limited, and the handsets are hard registered to the base - you cannot add new handsets, and they are already named: "Handset 1", "Handset 2", etc.. But since they are digital spread spectrum you can use two or three handsets on one call unlike analog phone.

I like the fact that they can be stood up while off the base. My old Motorola's had a shape that didn't allow this feature. It doesn't seem like an big deal, but it's a feature I'm glad they have.

These do work with the MJ well. At first when I tested them, my boyfriend said my volume was low, but knowing this might be MJ rather than my phones, I changed the settings to 100 in the control panel for the recording side of the USB device and no more problems with volume!

So if one wanted a 3 handset system that doesn't interfere with WiFi, and you don't require DECT, this is a good value. Offer ends on Saturday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: