magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheapest way to keep home # until number porting allowed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvyn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Cheapest way to keep home # until number porting allowed? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, Just got my MJ yesterday and plugged it into my home phone system.. All phones work perfectly...so far.

I've setup call forwarding on my home phone number to my MJ # to test this thing out thoroughly for the 30 day trial.

If I'm satisfied come 30 days I'll drop my digital home phone service, BUT what is the CHEAPEST way to keep my home phone number until MJ allows number porting? I have a really cool home phone number and I do NOT want to lose it. I was thinking TracPhone? Ideas, Suggestions?

Thanks in advance..
-Calvyn-
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phonenumberbank.com is about $10/month providing your number is supported. If you don't plan on using the ported number right now, you could transfer your number to voicestick like I did with the next2nothing plan. Then you could port it to MJ once they support that.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of ^that

if you have a family plan you could just add a line with its number on it.... it would cost the same and you would have another phone..

Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Calvyn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
Instead of ^that

if you have a family plan you could just add a line with its number on it.... it would cost the same and you would have another phone..

Kumar

Hi Kumar, I assume you mean family plan with my cellular phone provider?
Boondocs
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stroths wrote:
phonenumberbank.com is about $10/month providing your number is supported. If you don't plan on using the ported number right now, you could transfer your number to voicestick like I did with the next2nothing plan. Then you could port it to MJ once they support that.

I did the same and use the forwarding feature. I told the family when someone calls we have to call the back. I figure at the price they charge per min the 10.00 to start the plan should last a few months as long as the family remember to call people back lol
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voipvoip has a plan that will port the number for free, and charge you $7 a month. You can set it up on an ata if you have one. That way you can still receive calls in your home..Outgoing charges are 1.9c a minute..Incoming calls are free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: