magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Constant Clicking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does magicJack...
Suck?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Blow?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Have two orifices to achieve both sucking and blowing at the same time?
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

JosieQ
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Constant Clicking. Reply with quote

Since I moved to a new address, my phone's stopped working. First there was a click every two seconds, making it nearly impossible to check my messages but not quite, and now the clicking has sped up to a click every half-second. The phone is useless.

I went on magicJack chat, and they told me to change the power cable, change the ethernet cable, change the router port. I did all those things, no change.

I went on again and they directed me to a port-testing website, where they had me check ports 5060 and 5070, which both timed out. They said:

"Thanks, this is a well known issue generated by the telecommunication ports on the router. This is the work around according to our ''manuals'': ''Errors with call quality not relates to phyisical issues or interent conection speed. Guide customer in doing the following: -Call Internet Service Provider. -Request from ISP to lower internal firewall on router/modem.''

I said, "What if they can't?" because that sounds quite vague and maybe nothing at all to me. He says, "Contact and the issue will be fixed."

So hey, daaaamn, why not!

I go on chat with Spectrum, copy-paste the advice, and the guy says I don't know what that means. Surprise!

"Do you mean set the channel so that interference level is low?"

"I don't know," I say. "That's all the guy told me and his English was bad all through chat."

Spectrum says okay let me look at your router. Oh it's not one of ours humm, can I have remote access? Sure why not.

He gives me a link to that and I leave my . on the desktop ha, and he goes into my router, and he notes that port forwarding for 5060 and 5070 aren't set up. Well I know but you can't set them up without an IP, and if magicJack has an IP don't know what it is or how to find it, and I've never needed it before a week ago!

He goes into some setting, I missed it because lag-skip, and says okay I've set it for optimal levels without interference. What the hell that means, I don't know. He changed it from WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] to WPA2-PSK [AES] is what he did. "Restart your modem and phone and it should work."

I did, and of course it doesn't.

I went back to magicJack and the {violent curse-word} of a woman says have you tried a different phone. "I have one phone," I say. Well try another one.

"Okay," I laugh. "I'll go out and buy another phone, kthx, in the meantime what's the next step! Pretend I bought it and that it didn't work and what next?"

"There is nothing next," she says, laughing scoffingly. "I find it hard to believe he didn't know what we meant when we said lower internal firewall on router, hrumph guffaw hack!"

Anything else I can help you with?

Why no, no, you've done a fine job.

Just like last year when I'd just bought a five-year subscription and the phone stopped working because the device went kablooey (weird coincidence), and you said "Oh yeah the ones in that series are defective," and then you made me buy a whole new device at full cost because the warranty had expired on your admittedly defective product by like two weeks. There's nothing else you can help me with. Not when you've sorted out all my problems so quickly and efficiently!

So guys...

Advice?

Way I can fix the ports myself, assuming they are the problem?

Meaning behind "lowering internet firewall on router/modem" so that I can explain it to Spectrum if they don't get it?

Other things to try, anything?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: