magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contacts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Contacts? Reply with quote

Anyone else not getting their contacts downloaded?
mwCT
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: No Contacts Reply with quote

Perhaps the MJ server is down. Shocked
mwCT
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: No Contacts Reply with quote

Still not contacts. How about you?
Diggs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing here.
mwCT
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: No Contracts Reply with quote

I tried to solve it with chat. Regrettably, I had to leave before it was solved. I have the problem on an older thin client. When I try it on a regular (updated) PC it seems to work fine.
mwCT
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: No Contacts Solved Reply with quote

Figured it out - when I clicked

Menu --> Advanced Users --> My magicJack

the browser complained wanting a certificate. Looks like mj changed (updated) the cert. Very Happy

Installed VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5 with certmgr.

Works.
Diggs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.... Not sure what you did. I've never installed SSL Certifications before. Still no contacts. (Old HP 5730 thin client running XPe with a 6(?) year old MagicJack.)
mwCT
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: No Contacts Reply with quote

I have Wyse 9400 series and I didn't have the need until this issue. If you did not get a certificate error then your issue is different from what I observed.
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All OK here, never had any problems with this.
mwCT
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: No Contacts Reply with quote

In my case the softphone registering worked, getting contacts did not work, and when I tried to use the browser, it complained. So I figured the mj website no longer trusted me in its current configuration so I got the certs, and then everything worked.

Understand if you call up your IE browser with
Menu --> Advanced Users --> My magicJack
that takes to your https magicjack.com logon, the browser does not complain. If not, your certs are more current than mine were.
Diggs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried MJ chat as I had the time and was curious how they would handle it. Escalated me to another tech and everything but they were never able to resolve the issue. I tried to stay amused by the whole process.

My browser complained so I followed your advice with the certificate authority and now contacts work great. Thanks.

I'm more than computer literate and this is the first time I have had to install a security certificate. Not hard but a bit obscure to say the least.
For others - http://scriptx.meadroid.com/knowledge-bank/articles/root-certificates-update.aspx

Thanks again.
mwCT
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Certs Reply with quote

Glad you got it working.

Thin clients are kind of special - many of the things that are normal and are normally updated are not normal or updated. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: