magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cordless Phone Not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ir_efrem
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Cordless Phone Not working Reply with quote

The last few days my cordless phone has been acting funny.

I could make and receive calls but no one could hear me. It's a Uniden - model # inside the battery compartment says DCT646-2

It has 2 cordless phones on 1 telephone line. Needless to say I pulled an old corded phone outta the closet, dusted it off, and it works flawlessly. So it would seem that my cordless took a crap on me.

Just thought I would drop a quick note here about this, just in case anyone had a problem with this phone.

Peas Out.
computerdoctor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Cordless Phone Reply with quote

I tried using an old corded phone and also a Uniden cordless phone. People had a hard time hearing me on either phone. I was able to successfully use a Plantronics 510 bluetooth head set with no problems.

Then I went out and purchased a Panasonic DECT 6 cordless phone. The calls on this are crystal clear. I am pretty sure it has has to do with the ringer equivalents that are required to interface with the phones. For $45 you can get a 2 Panasonic cordless phone system with DECT 6 at Circuit City. People I talk to think I am calling them on a regular phone. That's how clear it is.
maine-iac
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initially, I tried using a Uniden 900MHz cordless phone. Every time I tried making a call, magicJack would crash and restart. I connected a corded phone and magicJack has been happy ever since. Go figure.
Ant_Knee
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cordless phone has not been working either.

Another question is....I am on a 54 mbps wireless connection at home. Does that transfer speed affect my MJ call connection? I am on Time Warner Cable, 7 down 1 up with another VOIP running pre router. Average 5 mbps up and 950 kbps. The reason I ask is I moved my MJ to another office temporarily that had ATT dsl at 5 down 500 kbps up completed wired and the line was CRYSTAL clear and very responsive with no lag.
computerdoctor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Wireless Reply with quote

Buy a Panasonic DECT 6 cordless phone and your magicjack will be "happy"

The data pipe needed by Magic Jack is very small. I have not been successful using a wireless connection, it was choppy and jubberish. I only tried it once, and I have an ethernet connection where ever I use my laptop and Bluetooth headset so it's not a problem.
AlaninKY
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

computerdoctor, when I get that choppy and jubberish audio using a wireless connection, it has been because of a lousy wireless Internet connection.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
computerdoctor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Jibberish Wireless Reply with quote

Ya, I am on Comcast, not the best service. My wireless router is only 5 feet from my laptop. For me it doesn't really matter. I still suspect its the wireless because I am soo close to the router. Hard wired ethernet works best for me...

I try to keep it simple... as long as I have a reliable system that's what really matters for me.
neecy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a wireless connection and use a Panasonic KX-TG2303 cordless phone and have had zero problems with it. This says a lot considering I'm deaf and use this in conjunction with a cochlear implant to make phone calls!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: