magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Didn't get one year of "free service" on new MJ+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roundabout
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Didn't get one year of "free service" on new MJ+ Reply with quote

Has anyone out there run into this issue, before I get worked up enough to brave a chat with MJ's hellish support? I bought a brand new MJ+ from Walgreens to replace my old USB/Thin Client combo. This is an "original" MJ+, not the newer version, and I paid about $55 including tax for it. So, on the back of the package, it clearly states you get a year of service with the purchase of this unit...OK...so I bring it home and activate it on my existing account, which had expired the day before (although calling was still working, I guess there's a few days grace period after expiration).

So far, so good. I go and unplug my HP T5710 and the old MJ, plug in the new MJ+ and tried calling, it worked first time. Miracle! Feeling happy, I decided to go back and check on my account at my.magicjack.com - and wouldn't you know - they had to find a way to screw me. It showed only six months of service, instead of one year.

Now, I was aware that the "New" MJ+ 2013 or 2014 only included six months of service, but the package on this one, the so-called "original" MJ+ clearly states right on the package that it includes one year of service. So what gives? Did they screw me because I had existing service and added this unit to my account? If I had activated this as a new MJ with a new account, would I have gotten a full year? I'm pretty pissed but I wanted to ask here before I jump all over the chat people, since they are well known to make your blood boil.

Note again, I had exactly ZERO time left on my existing account, it expired the day before I added the MJ+ so it's not a "replacement" of time that was already in my account. This makes no sense to me. Any input from others with the same experience is appreciated. Thx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: