magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does MJ work on new iPAD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul777
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Does MJ work on new iPAD? Reply with quote

Just wondering if MJ would work easily on an iPAD or has Apple figured
out a way to make it incompatible ?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Does MJ work on new iPAD? Reply with quote

Paul777 wrote:
Just wondering if MJ would work easily on an iPAD or has Apple figured
out a way to make it incompatible ?

I would think the lack of a USB port would negate the use of a MJ...

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paul777

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ... There should be some kind of adapter I would think.
Also I guess the O/S would be a hurdle since it's iPhone os ?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul777 wrote:
Hmmm ... There should be some kind of adapter I would think.
Also I guess the O/S would be a hurdle since it's iPhone os ?

Maybe the next gen iPAD might be hackable for a MJ...

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next gen OS for the Iphone,Itouch,Ipad will support multitasking,that and some super hacker might be able to pull it off.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting,Skype and Friend Caller 3 apps work good on WIFI for VoIP calls.Smile
Chuts
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an adapter that would let you connect a phone plug into the usb port. If this can be reversed (to use the phone jack on the iPad) then it might work.
You would need to convert the adapter on both ends: one needs a male to male phone plug and the other would need a usb female on both ends.
But I have not actually tried this.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuts wrote:
There's an adapter that would let you connect a phone plug into the usb port. If this can be reversed (to use the phone jack on the iPad) then it might work.
You would need to convert the adapter on both ends: one needs a male to male phone plug and the other would need a usb female on both ends.
But I have not actually tried this.

Takes more than just jury-rigging a connection to make it work. You're forgetting a little issue called software.
OTOH, you could use the sip credentials along with one of the softphones and a MJproxy running somewhere on your network. I would suggest Acrobits.
Chuts
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you're right about the software ... I guess someone will have a workaround for that, or the next iPad version will have a usb port.
neo2121

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you jailbreak your ipad it would work with the Siphon app
Hippo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Acrobits Softphone? Any way to get that to work. It should work with iPhone and iPad.
neo2121

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but that phone app doesn't have the built in MJMD5 support that Siphon. If you want magicjack support on an i device you will need to jail break it inst all SSH and install siphon beta manually.
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are issues of software. And of hardware. So, officially, magicJack will never work on a current iPad.

Whether one can hack their SIP credentials, and install a softphone is entirely up to their tenacity and skill level.

But why turn your wonderful iPad into an ATA? Just get a thin client, or cheapy, cheapy netbook and run the mJ from there. My Dell mini 9 runs my magicJack superbly, and as it has an SSD HD, should last a long time!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is POSSIBLE the new software only MagicTalk might work on it...

Joe Sica
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also possible that I'll get a legitimate check for a million dollars tomorrow.

The new software-only magicTalk, if it ever actually comes out, will almost undoubtedly work only on Macs and PCs. mJ has made talk of it coming out for mobile devices later, and if so, they might write a version for iPad. But, they're already late on even releasing magicTalk, so I'm not holding my breath.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyOnTheAir wrote:
so I'm not holding my breath.

A good habit to maintain with anything related to promises fron Dan, MJ and Ymax. They can stay in a holding pattern forever and still increase their customer count. You can bet the recent changes were designed to eliminate support issues with aircard settings where frustrated users push every button available trying to make their MJ work. Even though reference to browser favorites served no useful purpose, don't even think they are not being harvested and added to your personal profile along with phone numbers and ip addresses related to your acct.
All of which are leading to Ymax unleashing a very targeted campaign of 3rd party advertising "Coming Soon"
How do you expect MJ/YMAX to be able to sustain their free magicTalk project other than by selling your eyeballs to advertiser partners. Remember, we all agreed to accept ads via the TOS.
I do not claim to have any backchannel info, these conclusions derive from closely observing their shenanigans over the years and learning to think like Dan, which always makes my head hurt...and makes me want to go to confession regularly...
Zuercher
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyOnTheAir wrote:
There are issues of software. And of hardware. So, officially, magicJack will never work on a current iPad.

Whether one can hack their SIP credentials, and install a softphone is entirely up to their tenacity and skill level.

But why turn your wonderful iPad into an ATA? Just get a thin client, or cheapy, cheapy netbook and run the mJ from there. My Dell mini 9 runs my magicJack superbly, and as it has an SSD HD, should last a long time!

The new software-only magicTalk, if it ever actually comes out, will almost undoubtedly work only on Macs and PCs. mJ has made talk of it coming out for mobile devices later, and if so, they might write a version for iPad. But, they're already late on even releasing magicTalk, so I'm not holding my breath.
Zuercher
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuercher wrote:
GuyOnTheAir wrote:

Whether one can hack ipad 2 casestheir SIP credentials, and install a softphone is entirely up to their tenacity and skill level.

But why turn your wonderful iPad into an ATA?ipad 2 leather cases Just get a thin client, or cheapy, cheapy netbook and run the mJ from there.iPad2 case My Dell mini 9 runs my magicJack superbly, and as it has an SSD HD, should last a long time!

tracker001
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuercher wrote:
GuyOnTheAir wrote:
There are issues of software. And of hardware. So, officially, magicJack will never work on a current iPad and laptop battery

But why turn your wonderful iPad into an ATA? Just get a thin client, or cheapy, cheapy netbook and run the mJ from there. My Dell Laptop Battery
mini 9 runs my magicJack superbly, and as it has an SSD HD, should last a long time!

The new software-only magicTalk, if it ever actually comes out, will almost undoubtedly work only on Macs and PCs. mJ has made talk of it coming out for mobile devices later, and if so, they might write a version for iPad. But, they're already late on even releasing magicTalk, so I'm not holding my toshiba laptop battery

Just get a thin client, or cheapy, cheapy netbook and run the mJ from there.
Robberson
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now below is the step-by-step guide on how to convert video to iPad 2.
Step 1: Add/Import video files to iPad 2 Video Converter.
Run iPad 2 Video Converter, and you will go into an interface. Click the icon like a disc to import/load video files from your computer that you want to convert to iPad 2. Besides, you can tick the box in front of the each file and click them to have a preview.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipad 2 case ipad2 leather cases ipad 2 accessories
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: