magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't forward your expiring MJ number to a new MJ number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you plan to renew your MagicJack at renewal time?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Undecided
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

tx_sue
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Don't forward your expiring MJ number to a new MJ number Reply with quote

Maybe this will help save someone else the grief I've gone through with MJ customer (lack of) service. I got an offer from MagicJack to upgrade my standard MagicJack to a MagicJack Plus. My account was up for renewal and it was just a few dollars more so I decided to go for the upgrade. I also opted to get a new phone number for the MagicJack Plus. Two days before the existing standard MagicJack account was to expire, I set up my new MagicJack Plus number and set up call forwarding from the old number to the new number. BIG MISTAKE. Almost, two months later the calls from the old number are still being forwarded to me. I've spent about 6 hours in online chat sessions to get this fixed, and was told one lie after another. I've had 3 MagicJack accounts over the past few years. Overall, I've been fairly satisfied with the call quality and very satisfied with what I save over a traditional land line. However, I have NEVER dealt with a company before who's customer service is as bad as this. They would essentially rather give me two lines for the price of one than fix the problem. I finally suggested that they give me a new number at no cost to me and they refused. One of my accounts expires in Oct. and the other next Jan. I guess MagicJack assumed that I would stay with them indefinitely because no one else is competitive with them. Well, after a short search on the internet, I found several competitive options that also provide live customer service. I plan to leave MagicJack as soon as these accounts expire. When more people start leaving MagicJack, perhaps they will wake up and address their BAD customer service issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: