magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't look for a refund!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thor33433
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Don't look for a refund! Reply with quote

After 4 months of rotten service, I pulled the plug on MJ. But I had a balance of $34 in my international calling account.

They flat out refused to refund it!

Keep those balances slim, guys. You can get very sick of MJ very fast.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't abandon this forum, Thor. You may learn of a way to improve your service or you may receive a PM from another forum member willing to purchase your MJ from you and assume your international calling balance.

By the way, could you please explain the factors that drove you to "pull the plug"?
Thor33433
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Don't look for a refund! Reply with quote

Why did I pull the plug?

Terrible connections. I got tired of hearing (or almost hearing) people say, "I cant hear you!" or "This line is too noisy. I'll call you back" or "You're cutting out"

Inoperable. I got tired of seeing a notice on my screen telling me to plug in my MagicJack, when the device clearly indicated that it was plugged in.

Crashes. Several times, my computer crashed, and the log showed that MagicJack was the cause.

Disabled. I got tired of finding that MagicJack had dropped out of sight, and had to be re-started manually.

Poor customer communications. To get assistance, you have to listen to that cutesy video, ask your question, not find the answer in their archive, ask again, and finally get to a chat window.

But most of all, I got tired of hearing my wife tell me to get a real telephone company because she was tired of the same things.

The price is low, but I can't say the price is right.

Then I hit the current out-and-out theft of my deposit. Those funds were for services in the future. Now that I don't need those services, the balance should be returned. It's enough that they've had the use of my money all along.

As for selling my unit and its balance -- that would be unethical. I would not wish this "service" on anyone else. The only service they provide is the service a bull provides to a cow.
Thor33433
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Problem solved! Reply with quote

Well, I posted complaint #922 to the Better Business Bureau. Lo and behold, MJ rounded my balance up to $40 and refunded it within three days.

Thank you, BBB. Very Happy
joevv
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 months of bad service and this is his first posts to the forum. get a life. better yet get a real computer.
Thor33433
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Get a life Reply with quote

Now that I've dumped MJ, I can get a life!

But why blame my computer? Am I the only person to report poor service? I don't think so. I've had excellent performance from Packet 8 in the past, and it's working fine for me again. You get what you pay for.

Besides, my complaint was that they wouldn't refund my balance.

And this isn't my first post by a long shot.

Don't get a life, Joe, get lost.
joevv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People do report problems with mj but you said your pc crashed and burned trying to run mj so that would indicate its junk
joevv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packet 8 does not use your pc further proof that the pc is junk
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thor, you may not be the only one to have experienced connectivity problems using MJ, but you are one of the very few who have failed to open his/her mouth to ask for help in solving the underlying problem.

Rather, you waited until you had already "pulled the plug" before making your very first posting on the forum. I thoroughly enjoy helping people solve problems just like yours, but your inaction effectively prevented any of us from helping you to a happy ending. This makes me agree with joevv when he invites you to go off and enjoy your misery in solitude.
custer
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can bet your sweet ass you won't get a refund from anyhting from dear ole MagicJack, I got slapped with a 1 year plan and a 5 year plan when I ordered it, been trying since Jan 4 to get refund for the five year plan. I finally told the lieing dipshits today if they need the GD money that bad they can keep it and shove it up their ass.
msiam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

custer wrote:
you can bet your sweet ass you won't get a refund from anyhting from dear ole MagicJack, I got slapped with a 1 year plan and a 5 year plan when I ordered it, been trying since Jan 4 to get refund for the five year plan. I finally told the lieing dipshits today if they need the GD money that bad they can keep it and shove it up their ass.

And I'm sure that telling them that will ensure that they will put extra effort into you getting your "GD" money pulled out of their "GD" a**es.. Oh yeah, That's what I'd make a priority if I were talked to like that.. You give em hell, Wise ol Custer.. Confused Oh yeah, Maybe you could plead OJs case while you're at it, and see if you can get him off with your smooth talking!! Shocked
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or did "custer" choose an unfortunate handle for someone who desires to be victorious in battle? Heck, he didn't even bother to read that Thor ended up receiving his refund. Despite Thor's ranting here (where it belongs), he kept his cool on the business front while pursuing his refund.
Thor33433
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Pulling the plug Reply with quote

Mberlant wrote:
Quote:
you waited until you had already "pulled the plug" before making your very first posting on the forum. I thoroughly enjoy helping people solve problems just like yours, but your inaction effectively prevented any of us from helping you to a happy ending.

That's true. But I did contact MagicJack several times. I have to say, once you reach their chat service, they are very straightforward and helpful. Despite this, the problems kept arising. After several months, I just decided this was not sufficiently reliable communications for me. I can't keep telling clients that I'll get this next problem fixed soon.

I don't know why the forum reports this as my first posting. I logged in months ago, before I bought Magic Jack. At that time, the hot topic was their EULA, and the evil designs people read into it. Also the "fact" that you could not delete the software. I checked with MJ, and reported back to the forum with a compete copy of my chat session, telling me exactly how to delete it.

Anyway, if you're getting good service, stick with MJ. But if you leave them, with a balance in your account, you now know how to recover it. I, too, am trying to be helpful.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your help is well appreciated. My guess is that your early postings got pruned. This probably happened while this forum was running on a version of phpBB that improperly reduced post counts when pruning.

And you are correct to observe that the representatives helping clients on the chat service are as polite and earnest as they are undertrained and ignorant.

So, here's my question:

Whose method of pursuing a refund do you think is more effective, yours or custer's?
Thor33433
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Custer's last stand Reply with quote

mberlant asked
Quote:
Whose method of pursuing a refund do you think is more effective, yours or custer's?

My approach focused on getting my money, while his focused on releasing his anger. I achieved my objective; I hope he achieved his.

But they're not mutually exclusive. One can go both ways.

Thor
shmeng
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't look for a refund! Reply with quote

Thor33433 wrote:
After 4 months of rotten service, I pulled the plug on MJ. But I had a balance of $34 in my international calling account.

They flat out refused to refund it!

Keep those balances slim, guys. You can get very sick of MJ very fast.

you purchased IPP and used it. try to return a coke which is half full if you can... duh!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: