magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DTMF Tone LENGTH--(pin not recognized?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the cause of magicJack seeming like a scam?
Their RIDICULOUSLY low price?
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Daniel Borislow?
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Their FANTASTIC Customer Support?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Their TOS (Terms of Service)/Agreement?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Their TRUTHFUL TV commercial?
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

jackiehsu97
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: DTMF Tone LENGTH--(pin not recognized?) Reply with quote

Hello! I'm having some slight technical difficulties with a phone and magicJack's DTMF decoder/magical reader/understander/whatever. The phone is a crappy American Telecom (company is dead) phone.

***Here's the actual issue***

I am fully capable of DIALING any numbers out to anyplace (ex. 555-555-5555), but anything involving PRESSING any buttons after dialing the main phone number, WILL NOT ACCEPT THE PIN.

***Example Scenario***

In case you didn't understand anything I wrote above, please read the following scenario: "You dial to Bank (555-555-5555). Bank says 'please press 2 for english', you press '2', NO RESPONSE.

***More Info about Issue***
After I dial the main number, ex. 555-555-5555, any number dialed AFTER the call goes through, DOES NOT SHOW UP. I HEAR the DTMF tone, on the physical phone. I DO NOT see any numbers on the magicJack softphone. I CAN HEAR the DTMF tone on OTHER PHONES connected to the magicJack, so I can be sure that there is a tone.

***My Guess To The Problem...***
I beleive the reason this is occupying is due to the SHORT length of the DTMF tones on my cordless phone. For some reason, magicJack is able to decode the numbers BEFORE the call goes through, but AFTERWARDS, no other numbers dialed from the phone can be decoded. I have used a DTMF generator on my computer and played tones THROUGH the American Telecom phone, and THOSE numbers can be viewed on the softphone.

***Extra Note***
So, to the smarty people out there, is there ANY possible solution as to increasing the DTMF length on my physical phone (which is not a menu setting in the phone), OR possibly trying to increase tones WITH SOFTWARE???

***Ending Notes***
Thanks everyone in advance, just for reading through this, and thanks even more for helping or trying to find a solution. Razz Confused Laughing Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

---=----=---Jackie---
mhaugrud
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to my.magicjack.com
After you log in, you can go to settings. There is a setting for PIN not recognized
mhaugrud
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem that may also be due the duration of the tones. When I use my phone's redial button or have it dial a number from caller ID, magicjack often misses some of the digits. I can see the partial number if I look at the soft phone dial pad. When this happens I magicjack plays a message saying I must dial the area code. Other times the call goes through without any problem.
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhaugrud wrote:
Go to my.magicjack.com
After you log in, you can go to settings. There is a setting for PIN not recognized

I just got 'lucky you' upgrade and noticed that DTMF tones don't work on my American Telecom RA280 cordless. I changed the setting by placing a checkmark and now it works fine.

So it seems you need to have that setting CHECKED even though the instructions (to me) tell you otherwise. Either the guys at AT (now defunct) are brainless or the uys at mj are brainless - take your pick!

Synchron Cool
jackiehsu97
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Great!@! Success!! Reply with quote

My lovely American Telecom wireless phone with free radiation causing brain tumors now WORKS!!! YAY!!!! 5 * for http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/ !!!!! yay!!! Wink Cool Confused Confused Smile Very Happy Exclamation

---=----=---=-=-= Jackie -=-=
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: