Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dummies guide: Configure an HP t5700 for MJ using XPe w/SP2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeGeary
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Target Disk is too small!

First of all, thank you for such a detailed post!

I made it to the "Install XPe" step.

When I booted my TC5700 (with 512MB RAM) from my flash drive, and attempted to install the image, I received an error stating "*** ERROR *** The target disk is too small!"

BIOS reports IDE Primary Master: 192MB ATA Flash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject:

The flash drive in your machine is too small and needs to be replaced by a 512MB or 1 GB module. The first sticky or two in this forum explains the details.
JoeGeary
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the reply, but I ended up getting it working by doing the following:

1) After plugging the MagicJack into the T5700, I had the TigerJet driver error (shown in Device Manager). I installed the driver using the steps listed earlier in this post (thank you, by the way) and rebooted. That solved the driver issue.
2) I then installed my MagicJack onto a different Windows XP machine and copied the MagicJack installation folder (i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\UserXYZ\mjusbsp folder) to a Flash Drive (70MB is large enough ... I tossed a cheap 1GB flash drive at it) and inserted the Flash Drive into the T5700 (permanently).
3) I added magicjack.exe (from the mjusbsp folder) to the machine's startup folder and everything works great. I can power up the T5700 and make / receive phone calls via the MagicJack.

I did all of this with the default XP image that came with the T5700 (i.e. no re-imaging required).
Diggs

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject:

I'm glad you were able to make it work for you. Keep an eye on your free space on the flash drive. Things tend to get unstable if it drops below 15 MB or so. And if MJ ever does an upgrade that requires more than the amount of free space you have then you may face problems again.

Good luck.
GeorgeLazenby
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: A mechanical KVM switch will likely disable the MJ.

dtm wrote:
I bought a cheap KVM switch to switch between the TC and my old desktop it is sitting beside. It works OK and frees up a USB slot to boot.

Just an idea for you guys.

If your MJ Plus is connected to one of your computers (rather than powered by the wall plug adaptor), a mechanical KVM switch will likely disable the MJ, because the MJ does not like you disconnecting and reconnecting your keyboard. I learned the hard way, and MJ techs say their is no solution. I'm only dealing with restarting the MJ every time while I wait for my replacement power adaptor. Unfortunately, while I'm on my non MJ computer... the MJ is out of commission because the KVM has shut it down!
Thunder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if its just related to the plus. I have run my Regular MJ this way for over 3yrs and have never had a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: