magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eroor 23 "Check your internet connection"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtjawang
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Eroor 23 "Check your internet connection" Reply with quote

I have the Magic jack Plus connected to my ATT Uverse with Ports 5060 and 5070 open. I still get the error 23 error message about three times a day. I then have to unplug Magic Jack and plug back in to reset and things are fine until the next time. Anyone have this same problem.
lanacas
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Error 23 Reply with quote

Yes i had that problem with at&t got online with the magicjack tech and did all they said and it fixed the problem i think for 2-3 days then the problem come back. has to do with when then internet goes down and then comes back and the magicjack dont reset itself or whatever. i just return my mjp back got tired of it. if you have a extra router laying around try hooking it up to the uverse modem and hook mjp to it and see if it works that way. i would of done this myself but i dont have a router laying around to have tested it out. my sister got it and she got comcast and have a netgear router and havent had a single problem since he had hers for almost a month now.
dtjawang
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks For The Info Reply with quote

I will have to try this and let you know what happens. Thanks again.
nevadaneal
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Eroor 23 "Check your internet connection" Reply with quote

dtjawang wrote:
I have the Magic jack Plus connected to my ATT Uverse with Ports 5060 and 5070 open. I still get the error 23 error message about three times a day. I then have to unplug Magic Jack and plug back in to reset and things are fine until the next time. Anyone have this same problem.

Having the same error and have opened same ports on probably the same router(motorola nvg570). Has anyone been able to find a fix?
Sometimes it works for a week and sometimes errors twice a day.
AlanS
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Error 23 Reply with quote

I have/had the same issue. This is part of a chat I had that will supposedly correct the problem.
~~~~~~

Jake: Please unplug the magicjack plus now from your modem then plug it to the USB port of your computer

Jake: Let me know when you did that

alan: ok

alan: ready

Jake: Did the black dialpad appeared on your computer screen now?

alan: yes

Jake: At the top of the dialpad, click MENU button then select Volume Control then observe if Telephone option was selected.

alan: is not selected

Jake: Can you select the Telephone option now?

alan: done

Jake: Unplug the magicjack plus now from your computer then connect it again to your modem

alan: be right back

Jake: Okay

Jake: Place another call now so that we can check if the Error 23 message is gone

alan: it placed a call. the problem is intermittent. should this have fixed the problem?

Jake: Yes, that is fixed permanently now Alan

Jake: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

alan: there are many postings on the internet regarding this problem. If that is the fix, then why dosn't MJ post it. it is not even listed in you MJ error search.

alan: your

Jake: I won't give you any steps that won't even help Alan

Jake: That's the reason why I gave you that solution when you stated above that you encountered Error 23

alan: what about helping future customers. it should be easy enough to post it to you trouble shooting page

Jake: Our engineers will be the one to update our website for that Alan. I don't know the reason why they didn't post that yet

Jake: Anything else?

alan: Jake I thank you for your time. it is very frustrating having to deal with this. I'm thinking that the mj service is unreliable and if it does not always work as promised, the this and an FCC issue. Please forward up to get this resolved.

alan: That is all...thanks again.

Jake: Please don't hesitate to chat us back for more assistance.

Jake: Have a blessed day to you and your family.
~~~~~~~

Hope it helps.
nevadaneal
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Error 23 Reply with quote

AlanS wrote:
I have/had the same issue. This is part of a chat I had that will supposedly correct the problem.
~~~~~~

Jake: Please unplug the magicjack plus now from your modem then plug it to the USB port of your computer

Jake: Let me know when you did that

alan: ok

alan: ready

Jake: Did the black dialpad appeared on your computer screen now?

alan: yes

Jake: At the top of the dialpad, click MENU button then select Volume Control then observe if Telephone option was selected.

alan: is not selected

Jake: Can you select the Telephone option now?

Jake: Unplug the magicjack plus now from your computer then connect it again to your modem

alan: be right back

Jake: Okay

Jake: Place another call now so that we can check if the Error 23 message is gone

alan: it placed a call. the problem is intermittent. should this have fixed the problem?

Jake: Yes, that is fixed permanently now Alan

Jake: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

alan: there are many postings on the internet regarding this problem. If that is the fix, then why dosn't MJ post it. it is not even listed in you MJ error search.

alan: your

Jake: I won't give you any steps that won't even help Alan

Jake: That's the reason why I gave you that solution when you stated above that you encountered Error 23

alan: what about helping future customers. it should be easy enough to post it to you trouble shooting page

Jake: Our engineers will be the one to update our website for that Alan. I don't know the reason why they didn't post that yet

Jake: Anything else?

alan: Jake I thank you for your time. it is very frustrating having to deal with this. I'm thinking that the mj service is unreliable and if it does not always work as promised, the this and an FCC issue. Please forward up to get this resolved.

alan: That is all...thanks again.

Jake: Please don't hesitate to chat us back for more assistance.

Jake: Have a blessed day to you and your family.
~~~~~~~

Hope it helps.

That seems an unlikely fix, however please post the result.
I have the Motorola NVG570 router and have been testing the Pass Through option in the router settings, only been 1 day so far so good. Will post results. Sometimes it stays up for as much as a week.
nevadaneal
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went down again, so the Pass Through settings on the router was no help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: