magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Florida to Virginia Call Treated as Intl?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayj00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Florida to Virginia Call Treated as Intl? Reply with quote

So I work from home and need to call into an active conference call but after dialing the conference number, a recording comes on telling me the number is a pay per minute number? What??? Calling INTO a conference is no different than calling a residential number in the same NPA-NXX??? WTF?
Initially I used the on-line support chat. He told me the charge would be .01/minute pre-pay Intl!! He could not provide me with a link on the MJ website so I could verify this, so I think his answer was bogus.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Ray
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This situation has been occurring for years with MJ. Calls to some conference call numbers are blocked or a charge imposed by MJ. The number you are trying to call (even though it is a regular number) probably charges a fee that MJ will not pay for. Do a search on this site and you'll find other threads about this.
rayj00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Smith wrote:
This situation has been occurring for years with MJ. Calls to some conference call numbers are blocked or a charge imposed by MJ. The number you are trying to call (even though it is a regular number) probably charges a fee that MJ will not pay for. Do a search on this site and you'll find other threads about this.

Thanks for that. It just kinda peed me off. I regularly dial into a different conference call and it goes through just fine without the pre-pay minutes issue.

Ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: