magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free calls to US and Canada using Earthcaller, only need IE7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Free calls to US and Canada using Earthcaller, only need IE7 Reply with quote

http://labs.jaduka.com/earthcaller

Now you can use your magicjack as a soundcard to make calls with a phone using Earthcaller by changing the prefered audio devices
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs... I need more info. Why would the MJ be necessary? Are you saying my analog phone and MJ would replace the headset? How are you using it? Sorry for the third degree; I'm just confused about how it would work w/ MJ. Thanks.
HendersonMike
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO,
Uses Active X = not a good thing.
Uses IE 7 = not a good thing.
Don't sound tempting too me at all.
gary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also have DukaDIAL. I use that a lot and the sound quality is very good. You don't nead a headset as DukaDIAL calls you phone and then connects you to the other party. This is great if you want to call long distance from work.

http://labs.jaduka.com/dukadial
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
laserjobs... I need more info. Why would the MJ be necessary? Are you saying my analog phone and MJ would replace the headset? How are you using it? Sorry for the third degree; I'm just confused about how it would work w/ MJ. Thanks.

It isn't necessary I was just commenting on how you could use this service and MJ as a sound card to play through your phone. I would imagine it could be used with a bluetooth headset as well.

Pretty cool how this service does not require any special software or device to make calls, just IE7.
msiam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find Laser.. I know some people that this can come in very handy for, You know.. those people that you cant tell the joys of MJ, they just don't believe it, they don't hear you, they ain't gonna listen, they say "yeah, yeah, yeah,.. Blah, blah.. Some people you just cant give something to.. they are the same people that would still be paying the dial up internet high price to A O HELL and you could never tell them that there is something cheaper that works just as well.. You know them peoples?? Anyway.. I can show a few people this and maybe they can save some coins..The same people that still have the dial up..Hmm.. they will get confused, cause they will have to hang up from the internet... Oh my, my,my.. Anyway.. somebody can use this..
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs the entire website is a great find!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
msiam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ive discovered that you don't actually have to use IE to make the call.. Once you are registered, and sign into the Firefox, then just enter the number and make the call.. It worked fine for me.. It had me a bit confused this morning with MJ having issues with the incoming calls.. Confused Yep... But, when MJ came back up, this little jewel worked fine from both Firefox and IE7. I dont need it, like I said, but I do know people who do.
Taken83oveR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using the add-on "user agent switcher", to make the webpage think I was using IE, which works. But, the app is really buggy, so I am guessing it truly is not compatible with Firefox.
norml jack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken83oveR wrote:
I tried using the add-on "user agent switcher", to make the webpage think I was using IE, which works. But, the app is really buggy, so I am guessing it truly is not compatible with Firefox.

My guess is that it is going to be more OS dependent, since activex is not a true "containered" technology. It's just another MS basterdization of a standard. Apparently their programmers only know basic, else they would use a real world technology.
dildog
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ActiveX isn't even a standard in that vernacular. It was an early attempt by Microsoft to control the internet with their inferior technology. No one (that matters) bought it. ActiveX sucks, it's insecure, it's slow, it it only runs on MS crap. Any internet company that uses Microsoft as for their base infrastructure will ultimately fail. Hell, even Microsoft doesn't even use it's own shit for their websites anymore, at least not at the basic levels of infrastructure. Ever wonder why?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: