magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FREE MAGICSILENCE: STOP THE DIALER POPUP AND STAY FOCUSED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: FREE MAGICSILENCE: STOP THE DIALER POPUP AND STAY FOCUSED Reply with quote

FREE "Magicsilence" Plugin Tool
Popup Dialer Window Manager for magicJack
for Windows XP/Vista/7

SYNOPSIS: YOUR WORK STAYS FOCUSED AND THE DIALER WINDOW STAYS CLOSED IN THE TRAYBAR UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO OPEN IT.

The "Magicsilence" Plugin tool gives you full control over the magicJack dialer window providing you with the ability to maintain focus on your primary computer activities. Unless you decide to manually open it, the magicJack dialer window will remain closed even during incoming and outgoing calls.

You can manually open the magicJack dialer window at any time as you normally do (by double left mouse clicking on the magicJack dialer icon) in case you want to check something or decide to use a headset for your call. The only difference is that you are now in control and whatever you are working on remains focused even when a new call is placed or arrives.

"Magicsilence" may be used by itself or alongside our popular "Magicfeatures", "Skyjack" and "Xlitejack" software plugins. In the event it does not meet your needs, a complete uninstall application is included.

The new "MagicSilence" Plugin Tool is ABSOLUTELY FREE and can be downloaded at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com OR http://www.magicsilence.com .

Last edited by redpepper on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
RHDScrambler
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem... this renders your MJ xlite plugin unusable. While testing with Google Voice incoming calls to xlite ring the phone but when you pick it up it immediately hangs up and goes to dial tone. X lite appears to still be "off the hook." Calls using PC headset and mic work fine. Disabling the Magicsilence plugin sends things back to normal. I also experienced an intermittent bug that after the phone hang up on me it would suddenly start ringing again. The only way to get it to stop would be to unplug the power cord. I'll be going back to using Magicblock, although I like the idea of keeping the "focus" on the window you're working on. Let me know if you need any more info or have a different version you want to test.
I'm running xlite 3.0, build 56125 on
Windows XP 64 bit
Also using a Uniden Dect 6.0 phone system

[edit] spelling error
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the details information. The problem has been reproduced.

It solely affects incoming calls on the Xlitejack and Skyjack plugins (and not the Magicfeatures plugin). The latter 2 plugins need a very minor software fix to stop dialtone transmission when the magicJack dialer window remains in the traybar. A fix has already been identified and it will be sorted in the next release of the Xlitejack and Skyjack plugins over the next several days.

For anybody that is NOT currently using the Xlitejack (Release 1.02) and Skyjack (Release 1.04) plugins, there is nothing stopping you from testing and using the Magicsilence Plugin tool.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release 1.01 of the free Magicsilence Plugin tool is now available at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com .

The release includes a small fix to get around a nasty bug in the magicJack dialer that does not allow dialtone to stop after you dial the first digit when the dialer is minimized to the traybar.

For those that use the Xlitejack and Skyjack plugins, these have also been updated to ensure compatibility with the Magicsilence Plugin tool. The new releases are now available for download.

Last edited by redpepper on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
root
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where your source code?
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love redpepper. I've got all of his products including MagicSilencePlugin. Each one works as advertised, easily and seamlessly with MJ and with each other. The added functionality to my MJ is wonderful.
RHDScrambler
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version seems to be working great. thanks
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for re-testing and sharing the results. You are a champion !!!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release 1.02 of the free Magicsilence Plugin tool was posted today for download at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com OR http://www.magicsilence.com .
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this just hide the Softphone and keep the popup from occurring when the phone rings? Or is it truly silent - meaning that the PC phone sound is muted as well. I notice that most of these helpful plugins (including the recent MagicJack service creator) don't mute the PC phone sound so that both the real phone and the softphone ring together (and it's not "in harmony").

Synchron Cool
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use a phone with your magicJack and don't want the ringing sound to also come out of your computer speakers, all you need to do is right mouse click on the magicJack icon and make sure the top menu item says "Switch to Headset".
T-Man
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
Release 1.02 of the free Magicsilence Plugin tool was posted today for download at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com OR http://www.magicsilence.com .

Thanks!
buddydog24
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Works good,no problems yet. Very Happy
FontSize72LOL
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested it, and it doesn't pop up now or steal focus in any way.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: