magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Googlevoice/gizmo5 with sipgate for my ATA as backup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Googlevoice/gizmo5 with sipgate for my ATA as backup Reply with quote

I have a RTP300 and while Magicjack rotates the passwords I would like to try an alternative. I saw someone setup sipsorcery to use googlevoice to receive calls on the ATA and sipgate to make the calls. Does anyone know how this can be done? I have google Voice set to send the calls to Gizmo5 number I have and then I have sipgate registered and both are registered in my sipsorcery account and showing working. I also put the sipsorcery settings on Line2 of my ATA for now but what am I missing. I want to have all incoming calls forward from my magicjack number to google voice and it will be like my ATA is still working just my incoming calls will be limited to the free 60 minutes. figured it would be a great backup. Sorry for posting in here but it was were I saw that someone else was doing this and that is what gave me the idea.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link I used to get this running http://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/google-voice-app-tutorial/ the dial plans are simple and sipsorcery with gizmo5 and GV has worked great for me. I use the bottom dial plan with my sipsorcery account and have not had any problems. Good Luck
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont quite understand what to put on this. It says this:
"1132701859 this is the destination number you wish to call and can be ANY US landline number (I don�t know whether mobiles or any others will work)."?

What number should I put there? And will this allow me to make calls like normal? I saw someone earlier put GV to recieve calls with Gizmo but they used Sipgate to make calls all from the same ATA using sipsorcery.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first link I gave you will work with gizmo or sipgate. You just have to change the dial plan in sipsorcery not your ata. Basically you register gizmo/sipgate with sipsorcery and then register you ata with sipsorcery. Sipsorcery acts as a middle man to make the free calling possible. Here's another link that might help https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ae8glDUXDsh9ZGR2eG43cjRfMzNkOTM4ZjNjeA&hl=en&pli=1 but I recommend the first link as it's much easier to get everything up and running.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antman1 wrote:
I dont quite understand what to put on this. It says this:
"1132701859 this is the destination number you wish to call and can be ANY US landline number (I don�t know whether mobiles or any others will work)."?

What number should I put there? And will this allow me to make calls like normal? I saw someone earlier put GV to recieve calls with Gizmo but they used Sipgate to make calls all from the same ATA using sipsorcery.
I put my cell number as this number and it has worked.
qwer1304
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: My setup Reply with quote

Here's what I wanted to achieve:
1.One line for incoming and outgoing calls
2.Incoming calls to MJ number

Equipment:
PAP2T ATA (2 lines)

Accounts:
1.MJ
2.GV
3.Sipgate (no outgoing calls)
4.sipsorcery

Here's what you do:
1.Setup Line 1 of ATA as Sipgate line
2.Setup Line 2 of ATA as sipsorcery line
3.Forward all incoming calls from Line 1 to Line 2 (User 1 tab)
4.Setup sipsorcery account as previously described. Use Sipgate as callback number.
5.Forward your MJ number to Sipgate #.

Outgoing call:
Pick up Line 2 and dial. The call goes to sipsorcery->GV

Incoming call (to MJ #):
The call goes: MJ->Sipgate->ATA(Line 1)->ATA(Line 2)

Haven't looked on the Caller Id on outgoing calls yet.

Enjoy!
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am lost. I followed a guide that had me setup GV with gizmo on sipsorcery then create a dial plan with the info and i found that on the dial plan when i call out it calls what ever number i put in the dial plan even though i punch in a different number on my phone. Also no incoming calls are ringing to my ATA.

would you be able to send screen shots of your setup on sipsorcery (blanking out your private info)?
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's the quick version to get this running. Being you have a gizmo account you will not need to send outgoing calls through sipgate on your sipsorcery line. Register gizmo with sipsorcery in your sipsorcery account. Then register your ata to sipsorcery using sipsorcery.com as the proxy. Your username and password are the username and password you use to login into your sipsorcery account. Once you have gizmo registered to sipsorcery in your sipsorcery account and your ata registered to sipsorcery.com you should have incoming calls. To get outgoing calls now use this simple dialplan in sipsorcery NOT YOUR ATA.

sys.Log("starting dialplan...")
sys.GoogleVoiceCall("[email protected]", "password", "1747612xxxx", "#{req.URI.user}", ".*", 7)
sys.Log("Sorry, Google Voice Call failed.")

Fill in the areas of this dial plan with your email address, your email password & your gizmo number. Again this is done in your sipsorcery account under dial plan. This will give you outgoing calls using your google voice number as your outgoing caller id. To add sipgate to this all you have to do is add sipgate in your sipsorcery account like you did with gizmo. If you get really stuck post in this forum http://forum.sipsorcery.com/ there are great people over there that are genius's with sipsorcery and getting all this stuff working. Good Luck
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that dial plan is perfect! It allows me to call out with google voice with no probs. now my next issue is that I would like to have my incoming calls ring from GoogleVoice to my ATA with the same sipsorcery login i am using for making the calls. then I can forward all my calls from my magicjack number to my google number until the rotating passwords get sorted if they ever do. if they don't i will be looking into another sip provider. Any ideas on how to achieve incoming calls from my google voice number?
jeffnyc
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a gizmo account from year and half ago.... I read there are two issues
1. a 3 minute time limit or you have to pay
2. you needed to have already have entered your gv credentials before GV caped it.

I beleive that is if you wanted to use Gizmo directly with GV.

My question is by using sipsorcery are you overcoming those two obstacles or are you bound by the same limitations?

Also I had a mysipswitch account also from about a year and a half ago. I cant find the credentials to log into the sipsorcery - only there forum. If someone has an invite can you please pm to me.

Thanks/
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antman1 wrote:
that dial plan is perfect! It allows me to call out with google voice with no probs. now my next issue is that I would like to have my incoming calls ring from GoogleVoice to my ATA with the same sipsorcery login i am using for making the calls. then I can forward all my calls from my magicjack number to my google number until the rotating passwords get sorted if they ever do. if they don't i will be looking into another sip provider. Any ideas on how to achieve incoming calls from my google voice number?
Easy setup your gizmo number in your google voice account. One of the options when you want to add a number is gizmo. A quick tip set your dtmf tones in your ata to inband for this line and that will help if your using automated systems.
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it set to gizmo on my google voice but when i call my google voice number it does ring me. I was thinking it must be a setting in sipsorcery that I dont have setup. I noticed it had a dial out and dial in plan and was wondering if that had to be setup a certain way
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never used the dial inplan. The other thing you can try is to add sipgate to your sipsorcery account. You can add more than one voip provider. Set your GV account to ring your sipgate number and see if that helps. Other than that I would try in the sipsorcery forum.
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thank you for your help. I will check the sipsorcery forums and see what it might be. Thank you
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
I have a gizmo account from year and half ago.... I read there are two issues
1. a 3 minute time limit or you have to pay
2. you needed to have already have entered your gv credentials before GV caped it.

I beleive that is if you wanted to use Gizmo directly with GV.

My question is by using sipsorcery are you overcoming those two obstacles or are you bound by the same limitations?

Also I had a mysipswitch account also from about a year and a half ago. I cant find the credentials to log into the sipsorcery - only there forum. If someone has an invite can you please pm to me.

Thanks/

anyone?
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo calls I believe are free between one another and with Google Voice now combined with Gizmo it can send the calls to Gizmo5 for free usage. I just wish I could receive the calls on my ATA from sipsorcery with my gizmo account. I posted the question on sipsorcery forums but no responses yet. I am just not sure what I am doing wrong. I logged into my gizmo account using the soft phone software from there site and called my GV number and the Gizmo software said I had an incoming call so the problem is definitely an issue with either the way I have Gizmo setup on sipsorcery or the dial plans or something. What gets me is I can make the calls out now.
eggdashure
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Here's what I wanted to achieve:
1.One line for incoming and outgoing calls
2.Incoming calls to MJ number

Equipment:
PAP2T ATA (2 lines)

Accounts:
1.MJ
2.GV
3.Sipgate (no outgoing calls)
4.sipsorcery

Here's what you do:
1.Setup Line 1 of ATA as Sipgate line
2.Setup Line 2 of ATA as sipsorcery line
3.Forward all incoming calls from Line 1 to Line 2 (User 1 tab)
4.Setup sipsorcery account as previously described. Use Sipgate as callback number.
5.Forward your MJ number to Sipgate #.

Outgoing call:
Pick up Line 2 and dial. The call goes to sipsorcery->GV

Incoming call (to MJ #):
The call goes: MJ->Sipgate->ATA(Line 1)->ATA(Line 2)

Haven't looked on the Caller Id on outgoing calls yet.

Enjoy!

Question...when you forward your MJ calls through Sipgate...how's the call quality? Since MJ started rotating my password I've had to go back to using the *shudders* dongle. As always, it cuts out and digitizes voice all through the call. I could care less what my outgoing number is (Google Voice) but if I could forward my MJ # through the ATA again with decent call quality, I'd be happy. Is it possible with a PAP2 to have MJ# incoming and GV outgoing on Line 1? Confused
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is possible because I finally achieved this today. It works great and sounds great. I had to use the dial out plan posted here and had to use a dial in plan to be able to receive calls on my ATA. Then I found out magicjack would not forward to my google number (not sure why). So I had to forward to sipgate then have sipgate forward to google voice. I am fully up and running.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone using gizmo5 - sipsorcery - google voice notice the line stays open awhile after the phone is hung up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: