magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got my TC5710 today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ret27m
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Got my TC5710 today Reply with quote

I Got my TC5710 today and as stated in the ebay auction it was a brand new never opened 1.2/512/256 I got HolmanGT's T5710_512_512 .img and with some help from him I was up and running in no time. His .img works fine with 256mb Ram, altho I am still going to order a 512mb stick in the future. This forum is great the people are very friendly and helpful. I look forword to helping others as I was helped. Thanks to all and Thanks Again George for all your help and friendship.....Jim Laughing
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I'm going to try a TC as well. I've been running off a spare laptop which also runs an extended monitor software (Maxivista). But the laptop is starting to fail again. I'm hoping the TC will be able to run the MJ, Maxivista (840 kb in RAM), and when not running MJ or Maxivista, to run a webcam with TinCam surveillance software.
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my TC5710 today Reply with quote

ret27m wrote:
I Got my TC5710 today and as stated in the ebay auction it was a brand new never opened 1.2/512/256 I got HolmanGT's T5710_512_512 .img and with some help from him I was up and running in no time. His .img works fine with 256mb Ram, altho I am still going to order a 512mb stick in the future. This forum is great the people are very friendly and helpful. I look forword to helping others as I was helped. Thanks to all and Thanks Again George for all your help and friendship.....Jim Laughing

you're also entitled to a full three(3) year warranty from HP

If it's the same place (IL.) and company auction I purchased mine from, they'll be more than happy to create a sales receipt you can scan and eMail to the HP warranty center
[email protected]
for your full three year warranty.

make sure the place you purchased it from writes the serial#, full model# and Product#, and also, it was a NEW IN BOX sale.

One more thing, look in the BIOS / System Information section, and see what CPU you have, ...
press the F10 key during posting, when the HP screen shows, to go into BIOS
if it's the TM8800 - you'll be able to use up to a 1GB RAM module
if it's the TM8600 - chances are, you won't be able to

(once you find out the CPU you have, please take the poll at the link below)
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/t5710-1-2ghz-has-two-flavor-cpu-s-which-is-yours-t3278.html

As for the FlashDOM, you can even use an 8GB DOM, but the ThinState capture program
won't work to authorize, after writing, the HP XPe Image.

It's a known issue by HP, it only works up to a 2GB DOM.
I put a request in for changing it, but if you install Full XP Pro, or other OS
there's NO limit with the DOM, it's just when using the HP Capture Program
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: