magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help just purchased installed and no incoming calls 3rd day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fnkomar
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: help just purchased installed and no incoming calls 3rd day Reply with quote

Please help!! I am in Montreal Canada
Purchased and installed the MJ 718 area code, here is status
out going calls fine
incoming calls get a sort of beep then fax tone.. (calls from cell phones and landline calling from 518 and 514 and 916)
Magic jack tech support gets incoming call to come thru to me..but guess what they are calling me with a magic jack!
I have been on tech chat 6 times last 2.5 days... same questions, same suggestions, then "will escalate your problem" try again in few hours...
any suggestions??????? Rolling Eyes Confused Shocked
saxman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an idea but in menu, you do have the telephone on right? Not the headset. and the volume up?-Does your phone work on other lines and have you moved it around to other ports? If tech support can call you then everyone else should to. That's strange-See if you can get another number to try. Kinda sounds like something messed up during the install. Try it again. Uninstall it and do it over. Unscrew the phone make sure there's no bug in there-( just kiddin)-good luck
fnkomar
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I have tried different telephones and even different computers. Does it matter that tech support is using MJ when they call me? I guess I will try uninstalling and reinstalling (even though it happened on both computers) Ugh!!
gooney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: help just purchased installed and no incoming calls 3rd Reply with quote

fnkomar wrote:
Please help!! I am in Montreal Canada
Purchased and installed the MJ 718 area code, here is status
out going calls fine
incoming calls get a sort of beep then fax tone.. (calls from cell phones and landline calling from 518 and 514 and 916)
Magic jack tech support gets incoming call to come thru to me..but guess what they are calling me with a magic jack!
I have been on tech chat 6 times last 2.5 days... same questions, same suggestions, then "will escalate your problem" try again in few hours...
any suggestions??????? Rolling Eyes Confused Shocked

I can test call your number if you want me to... just pm me.
saxman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ tech support will do that also if you ask-They called me a few times to check my audio-If you tried it on a second pc and it still had no audio then it has to be the box-Did you try it without the cable they sent you? If you re-install and you still have no incoming calls, send Dan The Man an email and ask for another little blue box-send them yours-maybe he has an idea on it-here's his email
[email protected]
fnkomar
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trying to reinstall MJ now
By the way I wish I could just select a new telephone number.. but they only let you change once and I will want to change it once canada is available
saxman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea-I was thinking about that too. I think if you work with the tech people and you still can't fix it, that maybe they can give you another number just temporary. I mean they shouldnt count this current number as your number because it dosen't even work.-Ya know what you could do, just to try it,get a number from Grand Central. You fill out and send in the request by email and by Monday you should have a new number.The new one can be your local prefix so calls are free for your local friends. I did this until they got prefix for my area. If MJ won't give you a new one then another after they get your prefix, do Grand Central-it,s free. Email Dan-he's a great guy and he will get a tech person to work with you one on one by email.
fnkomar
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: by the way Reply with quote

why does it say "magic fix is not supported on your computer at this time" even though i have downloaded it 6 times
saxman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. I just tried it and it's working for me, but that don't mean it,s working where you live. These guys are doing alot of work on this thing and that feature may be down there. I don't know. Will it run the compatibility test?-I would go to the tech chat and ask them for another number that works. Tell them the number they gave you never has worked. It hasn't, not for incomnig and tell them you will want to change aga
in when they get area codes for ya. Or do the Grand Central thing-Get one of theirs for awhile.
fnkomar
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will try am on with tech chat now
fnkomar
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: ohhhh geeesh Reply with quote

geeesh soooo tired of trying the same things over and over with tech chat for the past three days... have asked for a new number but wont answer me... just keeps asking me to try what i already have done a bazillion times Sad
gooney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: by the way Reply with quote

fnkomar wrote:
why does it say "magic fix is not supported on your computer at this time" even though i have downloaded it 6 times

have you installed the latest java from java.com? i also test called your number and it does give me a fax tone like its trying to fax.

So you picked a number in the staten island new york area and youre from canada? maybe you want to change your number.

EDIT:I was gonna say get a new number but you already tried that...sorry...good luck!
fnkomar
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: by the way Reply with quote

gooney wrote:
fnkomar wrote:

have you installed the latest java from java.com? i also test called your number and it does give me a fax tone like its trying to fax.

So you picked a number in the staten island new york area and youre from canada? maybe you want to change your number.

yes pick NY so friends from there can call me free... i keep asking them about changing the number but i just want to make SURE they will let me change it again once canada is available
gooney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: by the way Reply with quote

fnkomar wrote:
gooney wrote:
fnkomar wrote:

yes pick NY so friends from there can call me free... i keep asking them about changing the number but i just want to make SURE they will let me change it again once canada is available
True, I think they only let you change your number one time, but im not sure.
saxman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FNK-When I was having problems I was talking to the boss, Dan. He had one of his tech people call me and he was good. he stayed on the problem until it got resolved.His name is Rikard Bone-he's fast to reply-I gave you Dans eail-when all else fails go the top! Tell him you want a number to try and then a new box if need be-they will work with ya and fix it for sure.

[email protected]
fnkomar
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: thanks saxman all set now Reply with quote

saxman wrote:
FNK-When I was having problems I was talking to the boss, Dan. He had one of his tech people call me and he was good. he stayed on the problem until it got resolved.His name is Rikard Bone-he's fast to reply-I gave you Dans eail-when all else fails go the top! Tell him you want a number to try and then a new box if need be-they will work with ya and fix it for sure.

[email protected]

thanks very much to you and this forum... after 3.5 days of trying the same thing over and over again with tech chat... with no avail (although they did have me trying alot of things, but at end always said wait 24 to 48 hours for an email and retry)
Just one email to Dan and bank!!!!!! Dan and Mr Bone both assured me they would check into it... within an hour had email again and when I asked them if I could have a new phone number to try, and still be able to change for free once Canada is available... Rik took care of it within ten minutes... Sent me an email with the new number and within 15 seconds I was working nfine incoming and out going!!! Thanks to both of them... Having MJ finally working today was a Nice birthday gift to me! Surprised Even nicer was the followup email... now that is customer service!! Now have no problem buying more MJ if these guys handle things for me!!! Thanks to them and to everyone here! Nice Birthday gift for me!!! Smile have a good weekend!
saxman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great-Sometimes you just have to take it to the top. Dans a good guy and has helped me alot.With his attitude towards the customer his company should be a winner! Now, I don't know if your on DSL but if you are and the sound is not to good, get the Hawking HBB1 Broadband Booster- see ya-
fnkomar
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxman wrote:
Great-Sometimes you just have to take it to the top. Dans a good guy and has helped me alot.With his attitude towards the customer his company should be a winner! Now, I don't know if your on DSL but if you are and the sound is not to good, get the Hawking HBB1 Broadband Booster- see ya-

what is this Hawking HBB1 and where can I get it? how much? easy to install? LOL (sorry just a girl LOL)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: