magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How 2 Fix Magic Jack that has stopped working overnight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CallBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: How 2 Fix Magic Jack that has stopped working overnight Reply with quote

At night B 4 Bed , unplug everything you have plugged into your router so that nothing is connected to your service . Now just plug in the magic jack to the router with the dongle if you have it ..if not try just the magic jack . DO NOT connect anything else at all , not even the computer . Go to bed .
Now in the morning is it still on and working properly ? It should be ...so now you know that it will work okay . N ext night before bed , add 1 of your other plugs into the router along with the magic jack . That makes 2 things plugged in..right ! Go to bed . In the morning if the magic has stopped working , you know that it is because of the 2nd item you plugged in along with it is causing it to not work right .
If it is working fine with the 2nd item plugged in , plug in another item on the 3rd night and let all 3 stay plugged in overnight . Keep this up until it is finally not working right in the morning and then you will have nailed down the problem . This is how i found my problem and it works great now for a few months ....
I had to switch my computer over to wifi in order to get it off the router , but , hey.. gotta do what you gotta do !The only thing plugged into my router now is the magic jack .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: