magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I download my contacts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tedybear
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: How do I download my contacts? Reply with quote

I would like to backup my contacts on MJ to my computer. can anyone tell me how it's done?

Thanks!!
tedybear
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I download my contacts? Reply with quote

tedybear wrote:
I would like to backup my contacts on MJ to my computer. can anyone tell me how it's done?

Thanks!!
tedybear

Go into "mymagicjack" via your soft-phone. Click on "my contacts", and then the "export" tab under the contact list section. Never used it, but I assume it works.

I think the main problem is that there is no way to export them back to MJ, other than one-by-one entry, but since the list is kept on their servers, that may be a non-issue.
tedybear
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: how do I down load my contacts Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

Tedybear
computergaga69
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: try this Reply with quote

CANNOT SEE CONTACTS

Unplug the device.
1.Got to "Control Panel" in Windows. Open up "Internet Options".
2. In there double click on "Internet Options" Click on the "Security Tab" Click on trusted sites and click the "Sites" button.
3. Add the following website: "https://data.magicjack.com" without quotes.
4. Then Uncheck the little box that says "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" Click "Close".

5. Now click on the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to "Security" and uncheck the box that says "Check for server certificate revocation*" Click "Apply" and "Ok".
6. Now plug in your magicJack and check to see if your contacts are downloaded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: