magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much would you charge for Linux Device ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent_86
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: How much would you charge for Linux Device ? Reply with quote

Hi

Why not just create the linux device for people ?

I've been using MJ on an old laptop as my only phone service for about almost 2 years now coming up in maybe about January or about that.

Anyhow I would gladly buy a linux device.
Forget trying to make the MJ work as it is, why don't they just create the linux device and sell it.

Give me the goods man, and How much does it cost ?

I'm hearing about the UMA device and it sounds great with NO service fees at all, just the device, however the device is a bit steep, however I'm considering it.

But here is the thing, lets say you purchase a device for lets say $300 bucks to talk on the phone which is not bad really, but when comparing to MJ It would take about 15 years to spend $300 on MJ phone service, so service to service is not really a good comparison.

But also considering I need a computer to use MJ and granted I'm using an old laptop you can get anyplace ebay etc. for about $25 bucks or so, so still MJ is better.

But, But But here is the biggest but of all. The software to run the computer is the most expensive part, unless you have a computer that has the COA sticker for at least windows XP or Pro, and typically even if you have an older computer with that, then the price of the computer goes up. Then also there is still that fine line as to whether your even aloud to re-load the computer without the original disk, which is no longer available and according to MS etc. you cannot load the computer without a new license because the old COA sticker is married to the original OEM software disk.

So you have borderline cheapness and legalities vs Linux GPL and people who are begging to pay for a linux device even if it cost more because in the long run they know they will be better off and ends up costing less.

Because with MS you have additional bookoo strings attached , virus software, spyware software other problems and costs.

Where is our Linux MJ device?
Forget hacking it, just create the device please.

Thanks for your reading my long winded message.

Happy MJ talking.
zerofossilfuel
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second this motion.
Agent_86
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Darn man where is my Linux Goods Pleeeez Reply with quote

I know wheres the Linux goods.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: