magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to configure TC to run without keyboard, mouse, monitor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zmitz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: How to configure TC to run without keyboard, mouse, monitor? Reply with quote

I read a thread in this forum a few years ago about how to configure an HP thin client to run with no keyboard, mouse or monitor attached. Now I need to configure T5710 for a friend of mine; but I don't remember and can't find that thread. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks in advance.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: How to configure TC to run without keyboard, mouse, moni Reply with quote

zmitz wrote:
I read a thread in this forum a few years ago about how to configure an HP thin client to run with no keyboard, mouse or monitor attached. Now I need to configure T5710 for a friend of mine; but I don't remember and can't find that thread. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

I use http://www.teamviewer.com Just download and install it on the T5710 and on your desktop. It is free for personal use. VNC or tight VNC is another option which is similar to teamviewer.

Once one of these options has been loaded to the T5710 you can remove the monitor and keyboard etc. and access the T5710 via your LAN from the desktop. The T5710's desktop will appear on your desktop machines monitor just as if you were locally looking at the screen on the T5710.

If you need more help search here for "teamviewer" and you'll find lots of info.
Paul777
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeamViewer works well. I actually had TeamViewer on my iPhone and could check on TC's from remote locations as well. In fact the TC's and other laptop and tower that I had running worked so well I uninstalled TeamViewer as I have not had any issues and logging in remotely has become moot. TC's are running solid. Even if there is power disruption, the TC's boot back up on their own and MJ starts back up on it's own.

So TeamViewer works well, if you really need to use it.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul777 wrote:
TeamViewer works well. I actually had TeamViewer on my iPhone and could check on TC's from remote locations as well. In fact the TC's and other laptop and tower that I had running worked so well I uninstalled TeamViewer as I have not had any issues and logging in remotely has become moot. TC's are running solid. Even if there is power disruption, the TC's boot back up on their own and MJ starts back up on it's own.

So TeamViewer works well, if you really need to use it.

Nice for doing those "Commits" following a MJ upgrade!
zmitz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: How to configure TC to run without keyboard, mouse, moni Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
I use http://www.teamviewer.com Just download and install it on the T5710 and on your desktop. It is free for personal use. VNC or tight VNC is another option which is similar to teamviewer.

Once one of these options has been loaded to the T5710 you can remove the monitor and keyboard etc. and access the T5710 via your LAN from the desktop. The T5710's desktop will appear on your desktop machines monitor just as if you were locally looking at the screen on the T5710.

If you need more help search here for "teamviewer" and you'll find lots of info.

Sorry, I was out of town for a few days. Thanks, VaHam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: