magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get MAC address of MJ plus without using router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: How to get MAC address of MJ plus without using router Reply with quote

1. Create a new folder on your desktop and name it MAC address
2. Click this link http://adf.ly/45omA
just click skip ad, download as free user and save it to the folder you just created
3. Run the downloaded executable. It is a self-extract archive. It will extract a folder named "magicJackGetMAC".
4. From that new folder, run "magicJackGetMAC.exe".

note: Magicjack Plus device must be plugin to the computer to use the app

Last edited by xxxemofreakxxx on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Tutorial: How to get MAC address of MJ plus Reply with quote

xxxemofreakxxx wrote:
just click skip ad, download as free user and save it to the folder you just created
3. Run the downloaded executable. It is a self-extract archive. It will extract a folder named "magicJackGetMAC".

I am sorry but anyone who clicks on a link ( let alone an EXE file you then run...) they do not know, gets what they deserve. With all of the Malware out there you have to be nuts to click on a link here from someone you do not know. plus having "freak" in his ID doesnt exactly help to make one feel secure. And yes you can get infected just by visiting an infected site..

Just my 2 cents.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tutorial: How to get MAC address of MJ plus Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
xxxemofreakxxx wrote:

I am sorry but anyone who clicks on a link ( let alone an EXE file you then run...) they do not know, gets what they deserve. With all of the Malware out there you have to be nuts to click on a link here from someone you do not know. plus having "freak" in his ID doesnt exactly help to make one feel secure. And yes you can get infected just by visiting an infected site..

Just my 2 cents.

You're the one who's popular here joe. Go ahead and scan it with antivirus/spyware/malware before running. If its good then run it with your MJplus and tell me if this is fake or not.
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not active here but I joined this forum since September of 2008. So I hope you don't judge me by my username. Wink
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reflection on you OR your username. I was just trying to let people know they HAVE to be careful with links they do not know.
Others HAVE posted dangerous links on here.
If it is a good site and a safe file , then thank you for trying to help others.

Popular? HA.. I am sure MANY would disagree with that ( SHUT UP NAILGUNNER) hehehehe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Popular? HA.. I am sure MANY would disagree with that ( SHUT UP NAILGUNNER) hehehehe

Keep me out of this. I've been on good behavior lately. Cool
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVER !!! Smile
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at you two! Laughing

well I'm just trying to help! I guarantee everybody that the file I upload contains no virus whatsoever. Yes you are right everyone should be careful when downloading unknown apps specially if it is an executable file.

Always scan it with antivirus or run it in a sandbox just to be sure.

Wink
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get all my Mac addresses from the Router.
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tutorial is knowing your MJ+ mac address without accessing the router
cdisxm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: IT WORKS, thanks. Reply with quote

Hello, I am newbie to your forum and only came here because I googled this MAC address solution as the MJ+ did not show up on the network, maybe because its on a managed switch.

I just want to report IT WORKS thanx xxxemofreakxxx. And my usually very paranoid security measures stayed quiet.

cdisxm
onismo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can also use Command Prompt to view MACs...

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/how-to-find-the-mj-mac-address-t11752.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: