magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to know if a thin client is working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
In2Ndo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: How to know if a thin client is working Reply with quote

Hello, I am new to the thin client thing.. and looking to buy a used one. Can someone tell me how I can check it to make sure it works? and what it needs to have to work with a magicjack?
So far found one for a good price, is a "WYSE Thin Client Terminal Winterm"
And I've been reading about them but still have no idea of what to look for. the seller doesn't even have the power cord. but I have a universal one that I plan to take with me.

All help greatly appreciated

Thank you
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How to know if a thin client is working Reply with quote

In2Ndo wrote:
Hello, I am new to the thin client thing.. and looking to buy a used one. Can someone tell me how I can check it to make sure it works? and what it needs to have to work with a magicjack?
And I've been reading about them but still have no idea of what to look for. the seller doesn't even have the power cord. but I have a universal one that I plan to take with me.

Thank you

From what I've seen, you couldn't do much better than buying one of Alpman's TC's from his Ebay auctions.

He has plenty of posts about him in this sub-forum.

If you're determined to go it alone, then I'd still recommend viewing his auctions to see how his systems are configured, in order to get a good idea what you should be looking for.

Disclosure: I have no affiliation with Alpman, and have not personally bought/used his systems.
In2Ndo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How to know if a thin client is working Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:
In2Ndo wrote:

Thank you

From what I've seen, you couldn't do much better than buying one of Alpman's TC's from his Ebay auctions.

He has plenty of posts about him in this sub-forum.

If you're determined to go it alone, then I'd still recommend viewing his auctions to see how his systems are configured, in order to get a good idea what you should be looking for.

Disclosure: I have no affiliation with Alpman, and have not personally bought/used his systems.

Thanks for the reply, I did pm him for info. .. but also the one I found is been sold for $25.00.. and if is in working condition.. I would say that is a very good price. Smile

Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: How to know if a thin client is working Reply with quote

In2Ndo wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I did pm him for info. .. but also the one I found is been sold for $25.00.. and if is in working condition.. I would say that is a very good price. Smile

That is a nice price, if it is functional and compatible. I see now why you're asking for the MJ requirements.

Hope it works out for you!
Alpman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minimum recommended WYSE requirements (for a newbie) would be 533Mhz/256mb flash/256mb memory.

What is the model number? Does it currently run XPe?

There are many WYSE TC's that have fixed (soldered to the motherboard) memory that cannot be upgraded and many more that use a 166, 233 or 266Mhz CPU,which is far too slow to run mJ.

Just be careful, do your homework and ask questions or you may end up with a paperweight.

Greg
In2Ndo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpman wrote:
Minimum recommended WYSE requirements (for a newbie) would be 533Mhz/256mb flash/256mb memory.

What is the model number? Does it currently run XPe?

There are many WYSE TC's that have fixed (soldered to the motherboard) memory that cannot be upgraded and many more that use a 166, 233 or 266Mhz CPU,which is far too slow to run mJ.

Just be careful, do your homework and ask questions or you may end up with a paperweight.

Greg

Thanks for the reply Greg, the place that is selling it is a pawnshop and the guy has no idea of what they are for.
This is a link that he gave me for its info.

http://www.rcubed.com/gacamp/wt3125se.htm?gclid=CNmwn4_tpZ4CFSReagod9mcUmQ

Thaks again
Alpman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, the 3125 will not work. It's only a Geode GX1@266Mhz and max memory is 64mb soldered to the board. Well below the minimum requirements.
callontom
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thin client works great. I got it from Alpman on his Ebay auction. All setup and just plug in and working.
I'd like to get another and start from scratch just to see how it's set up. A real tinker box that i can screw up and don't care. I don't know how to get the XPe image to put onto the TC. I think it's available from HP free. i'm guessing.
Almost forgot, I like the fact Alpman put's in a 4GB HD in place of a flash memory. that means alot.
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUY one form Alpman/Greg ...

I did and works GREAT!!!
In2Ndo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpman wrote:
Sorry, the 3125 will not work. It's only a Geode GX1@266Mhz and max memory is 64mb soldered to the board. Well below the minimum requirements.

Again Smile ... Thanks for the reply Greg... I guess I'll wait until you have one avail. ....

Thanks.

Oscar
ParmodPassi
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Is magicjack works when my computer is and internet is there Reply with quote

Please tell me any body using the magicjack when omputer is off and there is wi fi internet . How can i use it.
Thanks
Parmod
Diggs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Is magicjack works when my computer is and internet is t Reply with quote

ParmodPassi wrote:
Please tell me any body using the magicjack when omputer is off and there is wi fi internet . How can i use it.
Thanks
Parmod

Your computer must be on to use magicJack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: