magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use MagicJack with a dial up conexion?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aliglez84
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: How to use MagicJack with a dial up conexion? Reply with quote

Can someone tell me if I can use magicjack with a dial up conexion at
52 Kbps
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How to use MagicJack with a dial up conexion? Reply with quote

aliglez84 wrote:
Can someone tell me if I can use magicjack with a dial up conexion at 52 Kbps

Hi,
It's not possible to use MJ with a dial up connection. There is lots of discussion in these forums about minimum internet speeds, but the minimum is some flavour of high speed.
maine-iac
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How to use MagicJack with a dial up conexion? Reply with quote

aliglez84 wrote:
Can someone tell me if I can use magicjack with a dial up conexion at 52 Kbps

Even if you had a perfect 52kbps, your upload would only be 33kbps in a perfect world. That's the nature of a dial-up modem. Searching this forum will show you that some are having trouble with MJ even at the lower DSL and cable speeds. Once they increase their ISP speeds, MJ usually works for them.
zyclon
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: opinions rather than experience Reply with quote

the other two answers did not address your question.......my opinion is that, yes, you can have dialup over the mj thru your dsl.....that is exactly what i am trying to achieve so i can spoof my ip thru the dialup signal, whereas i cannot change the ip of the dsl......i think the solution is simple and will be presented in the near future......what i have seen in this forum is a bunch of users and not hackers.....my goal is to have a software communication betw the mj and my pc camera, software fax, and ms dialup screen.....i know this is possible, but there just isnt anyone here smart enought to do it......people here think you have to use a modem to communicate but that is absoultely false.. i will continue to post questions until i find someone with a brain bigger than a magicjack.
vdot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: opinions rather than experience Reply with quote

zyclon wrote:
the other two answers did not address your question.......

Sorry, but they *did* answer the OP's question, as he/she specified
"@ 52Kbps," implying that he/she wanted to communicate via modem at that speed...
Specifically "with a dial up conexion at 52 Kbps," and meaning "via a
52Kbps connection using a modem exclusively...which commonly [technically] tops-out
at that speed, and does not mention any other [eg: DSL] connectivity."

To add to the other two folk's responses (up top):
from my testing, MJ consistently uses 80Kbps during conversation.
Theoretically then, barring other bandwidth consumption during
conversation, an 128K ISDN connection (ie: 112K data) would be about the
minimum standard for reasonable MJ usage, though up/down capacity
may need to be a further concern if not symetrical. If all you have is
dial-up where you live, you could try bonding two separate dial-up
connections. You could also use simplex (w/ dialup) or duplex satellite,
or, if you have cellular (even very weak), you could use it (with a
"Wireless Extenders" cellular repeater, and either a smartphone w/wifi
converted to a cellular router (as I do), or a "MiFi")...See:

http://gizmodo.com/5256825/verizon-mifi-2200-3g-portable-wi+fi-hotspot-review

From further experience, especially at these lower bandwidths, it would
greatly improve audio quality to use an app [very much] like Process Lasso (ProLasso).
euphoricallys@ne
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: yeh Reply with quote

For best results one could use a softphone or ata which can utilize g.729a and it is possible but probably not pretty. MJ uses ulaw @ 64kb/s or 128kb full duplex (16kB/s) vs g.729a (which does work with mj sip servers or did a couple months ago) @ 8kb or 16kb/s full duplex (2kB/s). Good Luck!
maine-iac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: opinions rather than experience Reply with quote

zyclon wrote:
what i have seen in this forum is a bunch of users and not hackers..... there just isnt anyone here smart enought to do it.... i will continue to post questions until i find someone with a brain bigger than a magicjack.

You won't get much help here if you insult everyone here. But since your so smart, figure it out yourself.
neo2121

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: opinions rather than experience Reply with quote

zyclon wrote:
the other two answers did not address your question.......my opinion is that, yes, you can have dialup over the mj through your dsl.....that is exactly what i am trying to achieve so i can spoof my ip through the dialup signal, whereas i cannot change the ip of the dsl......i think the solution is simple and will be presented in the near future......what i have seen in this forum is a bunch of users and not hackers.....my goal is to have a software communication between the mj and my pc camera, software fax, and ms dialup screen.....i know this is possible, but there just isn't anyone here smart enough to do it......people here think you have to use a modem to communicate but that is absolutely false.. i will continue to post questions until i find someone with a brain bigger than a magicjack.

Why would you want to use the MJ just to spoof your IP over dial up.....Why wouldn't you just create your own private proxy on an off shore server.....or if you just want to spoof your IP to post stupid shit on a forum you have banned from just get a program that will spoof your IP for you.......I really doubt that you need anything more secure than this. I thought I should let you know that I have taken the liberty of fixing all of your spelling errors in your quote....I am willing to overlook it though it must have been your huge brain that caused you to overlook something as trivial as spelling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: