magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW TO USE THE MAGICJACK WITH SKYPE AND A CORDLESS PHONE

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VoipDude
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The software should work well for your purposes. Enjoy Smile
astro46
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an older dongle, unregistered, not able to work with mj any longer.

i plug it into a usb port, plug the cordless headset (plantronics, which normally plugs into phone line) into dongle, set skype audio setting to use "usb internet phone by tigerjet" and i can make calls through skype, and have them come through the headset.

mj is also plugged in and operating, at the same time.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're able to use your old dongle with Skype Smile
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help!
I am sorry. I do not seem to understand exactly what I need to do in order to get the Philips VOIP151 working with Magic Jack.
Would it matter if I have the 4th generation MJ?
ThankX!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you are aware, that is a VoIP USB phone and the software that comes with it are geared to only support keypad dialing with Skype.

You can use your VoIP USB Phone with magicJack but only as a simple audio device (i.e. like a headset) and all dialing and incoming call acceptance will have to manually be done via the magicJack dialer itself.

If you want to do the latter, right mouse click on the magicJack dialer icon and select Volume/Headset Control. Select Headset in the window that opens and then select your VoIP USB phone as the audio device (i.e. possibly called USB Audio Device).

The reverse approach would be to buy a regular or cordless phone to use with your magicJack USB dongle to place magicJack calls. If you want to also automatically be able to place and receive Skype calls from that same regular or cordless phone you can install the Skyjack Plugin from http://www.pcphonesoft.com .
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your detailed reply above.

I was hoping I could use the VOIP151 without the MJ dongle, and just by using x-lite + mjmd5.

Do you know of a generic USB handset (not exactly a voip phone) that can be used like a 'regular' telephone including dialing out with the MJ credentials along with the software mentioned?
Ann.Cal
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Skype Not loding pdh.dll missing Reply with quote

I've a HP 5710 running MJ but need to add Skype so I downloaded Skype 4.2 and installed it on my computer. I'm using windows XPe. When I try to run to program from the desktop shortcut, I recieve an error: Cannot load the DLL (pdh.dll)! with a single option to press OK. I press Ok and nothing happens. No skype, no nothing

Any ideas how to correct o repair the problem

Thx Ann
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyjack Plugin Release 2.0 is now available for download from the PCPhoneSoft website and it is compatible with magicJack's brand new dialer.

In case you are not familiar with this plugin, it upgrades a basic magicJack to allow dual mode MJ + Skype calling from the same phone.

An active MJ subscription is NOT required to use Skyjack Plugin Release 2.0 with a MJ USB dongle if you just want to place incoming and outgoing Skype calls.

You can download and try out the new Skyjack Plugin release for free for 7 days even if you previously tried it in the past.
n0ukf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO USE THE MAGICJACK WITH SKYPE AND A CORDLESS PHONE Reply with quote

VoipDude wrote:
[b] The key to making this work is a simple piece of software written by TigerJet. Since the MJ dongle is based on the TigerJet software and chip, it plays very nicely with this software.

The software I am speaking of is (IP Phone Center) by TigerJet.

1) Download this software for free, and run the install program. http://www.tjnet.com/software/ip_phone/installation.htm

This old link and every other one I find in search results is invalid. Where can I find this software now?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
millermoto
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the software here -

http://download.cnet.com/Skyjack-Plugin-for-MagicJack/3000-2349_4-75118728.html
AdmiralDecker
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: IP Phone Center Reply with quote

millermoto wrote:
I found the software here - {pcphonesoft link via Cnet}

Sorry, but that is not the TigerJet software that n0ukf was requesting.

n0ukf wrote:
The software I am speaking of is (IP Phone Center) by TigerJet. {http://www.tjnet.com/software/ip_phone/installation.htm}
This old link and every other one I find in search results is invalid. Where can I find this software now?

Unfortunately, TJNet pulled all of the links quite a while ago. The actual filename of the last IP Phone Center build was "IPC830_3_t.msi" and it supported Win98SE, WinME, and XP, also known to work on Vista.

You might try requesting the filename and see if anyone has it on a local drive so they can send it to you.

Or perhaps send VoipDude a PM and ask him. Wink
--AD
steve_t3a
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Skype Reply with quote

I'm a little late to this game, but I have an expired MJ that I want to use to plug a regular phone in to use my paid Skype # with to make and receive calls. Looked at the Skyjack (http://www.pcphonesoft.com/index.html) but not sure if that's what I want or if there is another way.
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that this software is for use only with Google Voice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: