magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP T5710 800MHz 256/256 Thin Client Please Help on questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike38
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: HP T5710 800MHz 256/256 Thin Client Please Help on questions Reply with quote

is the HP T5710 800MHz 256/256 Thin Client. Good to use for magic jack.
Will it work good??? has anyone tried it? please let me no?
i got good deal on them 20.00 each want to no if it's worth it??? Question Question
noetic1
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a t5710 originally with 1.1GHz and 256/256 and was able to get MajicJack working on it.

So, I would imagine that it would work but a little slower.

Care to share where you can get them for $20? I'd like to get one for my mom.
magicnut
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my 800MHZ T5710 256/256MB to work without issues this week. I bought the client and power supply from Ebay for $54. There is no need to upgrade anything. Just delete the 5 or 6 apps as suggested from this forum before you plug in the MJ. I even installed Team View and it's working great. The sound is as good as when I used the PC. For those who really fancy thin clients, get a Netbook for < $200, with infinitely better performance than a TC. One question for experts, do I need to network my PC and TC before I can get Team View to use LAN instead of internet?
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicnut wrote:
I got my 800MHZ T5710 256/256MB to work without issues this week. I bought the client and power supply from Ebay for $54. There is no need to upgrade anything. Just delete the 5 or 6 apps as suggested from this forum before you plug in the MJ. I even installed Team View and it's working great. The sound is as good as when I used the PC. For those who really fancy thin clients, get a Netbook for < $200, with infinitely better performance than a TC. One question for experts, do I need to network my PC and TC before I can get Team View to use LAN instead of internet?

Not really sure what you mean by "network"? As long as the TC has an ip address on your LAN then it will work in LAN mode.

To get it to accept a connection using the TC's ip you need to "Extras", "Options" and check the "Accept incoming LAN connections" on the "General" tab. This will allow you to access the TC by either it's Teamviewer # or by it's ip address. The Teamviewer # will remain showing as the TC's ID on the Teamviewer main screen however.

If you go to "Extras", "Options" click on the "Advanced" tab and then on the "Show advanced options" button. You can then scroll down and check the box "LAN connections only". This will keep Teamviewer from being accessible from outside of your LAN and it can only be addressed by it's ip address. When in this mode the Teamviewer ID will change to the TC's ip address in the Teamviewer main window.

If your running either Sygate or Windows firewall on the TC make sure you have allowed connections from the ip addresses on your LAN which you'll use to connect to the TC.

In Sygate there is a simple setting to allow all connections coming from other ip address on your LAN block.

In both Teamviewer should be added as "Exceptions" to allow their use thru the firewall.
hellion102
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: magic jack on a hp 5710 TC Reply with quote

hp5710 thin client , I keep getting the blue screen of death and also this message techincal information:stop:0x00000007e Alip.sys when trying to use magic jack.

Is there anything special I neep to do or get to get this darned thing to work. I see all kinds of posts from people saying it works great adn yet I am having all kinds of problems.

Can you help
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: magic jack on a hp 5710 TC Reply with quote

hellion102 wrote:
hp5710 thin client , I keep getting the blue screen of death and also this message techincal information:stop:0x00000007e Alip.sys when trying to use magic jack.

Is there anything special I neep to do or get to get this darned thing to work. I see all kinds of posts from people saying it works great adn yet I am having all kinds of problems.

Can you help

Update the USB drivers. Look at my HP upgrade sticky and there are instructions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: