magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP Thin Client and Magic Jack

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anant
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Problem - MJ not loadiing softphone with Ready to Call Reply with quote

Hi Folks:

While my ATA's failed to register with the new MJ credentials, my MJ dongle plugged to my desktop is working well,
My MJ has been running well on my TC HP5710 512MB(F) and 256MB(R). From time to time, MJ application used to stop for not having enough RAM. Today I upgraded 256MB(R) with 512MB(R) and tried to run MJ with dongle plugged. The softphone comes up but not completely. It stops at a point with message on left panel > ATTENTION: Please wait for important upgrade within 60 seconds and in the middle panel Please connect to Internet and double click. It waits there for hours without proceeding to display " Ready To Call". I have internet on TC.

Is this due to any problem in my TC or does it have anything to do with the recent software upgrade of MJ a couple of days ago which affected many ATA'a.
Do anyone experience any such problem running MJ on TC? Any ideas? I am stuck here. Please help me.
jimisbell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the recent upgrade. Mine was doing that also....until I pulled a stupid trick and formatted the MJ by mistake. Now it doesnt work at all.

When the tecs at MJ try to get my MJ reloaded they keep telling me to do things that cut them off and when I get back its a different tech so I have to start over again. After 6 tries today I gave up. I will try again tomorrow if I feel like it. The problem is that my formatting somehow destroyed the "Removable disk" e: and when I try to do the upgrade I get an "Error broken storage". The techs tried to tell me how to reformat it but the properties are "zero used, zero available" so windows doesnt know what to format!!
anant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Problem - MJ not loadiing softphone with Ready to Call Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt response.

MJ works well on desktop. "My computer" of Desktop shows 2 MJ drives: one is E: and another is ( Vista only FSmile drive.

"My Computer" of TC has 2 MJ drives D: and (vista only E: ) drive.

I checked with another guy on the forum who uses MJ with TC. working perfectly for him. He has in his TC 2 MJ drives (DSmile and ( ESmile The E: drive he has is just E: not (Vista only ESmile as I have. He thinks I should format the E: drive and plug the MJ. It will either load sw properly or it may not work. It is risky that is what he said.

How do your MagicJack drives look like on your TC ? Do you have 2 MJ drives like D: and ( vista only ESmile as I have or both just D: and E: drives. Just curious.

What prompted you to format E drive ? If I do not format E drive what is the solution? Will the MJ folks fix the problem I have.

Will the tech folks at MJ talk to me if I tell them I am using MJ on TC? Will they support it?
Our discussion is helpful to me.
jimisbell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They support MJ on XP or VIsta.

DO NOT FORMAT the "removable drive" unless they tell you to. I accidentally formatted the entire MJ because I was not paying attention to what I was doing. When I tried to restore it by using the upgrade process it created the two drive system (mine is on XP so I dont get a Vista only drive) One is called "MagicJack" and the other is called "removable cd drive" or something similar. They are either D: and E: or E: and F: depending on which computer I am on. BUT right now the "removable drive" is not capable of being written to and the techs dont seem to be able to help because each one always wants me to click on the upgrade URL and that ALWAYS disconnects me from them and when I go back its a different tech who doesnt know what I have just been through so I try again, and again it disconnects. Its just a circle that I cannot get out of.

I repeat, do not format anything!!!!
anant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Problem - MJ not loadiing softphone with Ready to Call Reply with quote

The win software we use on TC is XPe and not XP. Will the MJ tech support XPe?

I will not format the drive as per your suggestion. How do the MJ folks restore MJ software on my system and make MJ work on my TC? Do you advise me to go to chat session with MJ tech floks. I know it is not a pleasant experience. You will be going in circles till you get a right person with tech knowledge.
jimisbell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XP is what I tell them I am running. It isnt important to restoring the MJ itself...which is what I am trying to do. They will not help you to make it work on the TC, that is YOUR problem. But they will help to get the software restored to the MJ itself
anant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: MJ now runs on my TC with the help of MJ folks Reply with quote

Thanks JimisBell for all the help you have given me late last night.
I got into chat with MJ folks this evening. Now MJ is running on my TC. It took easily 4-5 hours before the problem is solved. I will give sequence of steps how it was done for your benefit and others on board.
When I started this eve. MJ on TC stuck with error 401 Msg says to restart MJ using Menu - Advanced users- Restart. I tried a few times . It did not work.
Got into chat. The technician moved me to another computer ( a desktop) where MJ always works with a Ready to Call. Clicking on MJ Upgrade icon on my screen, Mj stopped working with the same error 401 msg I got on TC. We struggled for some time. Now I have TC and desktop with same error 401.
A higher level technician ( Kenney) took over - wanted me to change lots of setting in the Norton firewalls. It became too complicated for both of us to communicate. We gave up on that. Finally he suggested that I should FORMAT both MJ drives on the desktop. I had E: drive and F: ( vista only drive). There is no option to format E drive. So I formatted F drive. He gave me a link to upgrade MJ sw ( which can handle both XP and Vista). After upgrading, and replugging MJ I got Ready to Call. Now Desktop problem which was created during chat is now fixed .
Now on TC:
I plugged MJ on TC which gave me the same 401 error msg. He suggested I should FORMAT the E drive ( vista only) and Run MJ upgrade sw. I did . I got Ready to call on TC. I made in/out calls. It worked.
Two crucial steps: 1 Format Vista only drive , upgrade MJ sw ( XP/Vista) .

The upgrade link looks like this I am not 100% sure.
http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe.
My suggestio to you is: Reformat your vista only drive and upgrade with MJ sw and see your problem go away.
I am glad the problem we had is not due to any limitation with XPe. During these chats MJ folks would have done something ( change in settings) in their end also.

Good luck
jimisbell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have a "vista only" drive because I dont run Vista, I run XP. But after three hours today with second level help they decided to send me a NEW MJ and I will return this one to them. The only bad part is I lost my 100 name contacts list.

But in a week I will have a new one.
anant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: MJ now runs on my TC with the help of MJ folks Reply with quote

I am glad you got a solution to your problem. I also never had a vista comp but somehow ( might be I started with MJ long time ago) I had ( vista only drive) on my desk top. I never noticed on my TC till another guy from forum pointed out i have vista only drive which is the cause of my problems. I could only format that drive under the guidance of MJ folks.
Good to know that our MJ - TC problems are not due any limitations of XPe. I was afraid if that were the case, we have either to upgrade our TC with large chunk of F and R memory and update with full fledged Win XP sw or throw the TC out of windows LOL It takes lot more effort and skills to upgrade TC to run full fledged windows. I do not intend to use my TC for application other than MJ.

Wish you good luck.
jimisbell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if you have a TC 5700, upgrading to full XP is easy. Just replace the flash drive with a 10 GB laptop HD and install XP. It fits without a problem in the TC 5700 because the heatsinks are smaller. I have done that to the TC I am installing in my car to run the OBD II, GPS, rear view camera, MagicJack, and audio systems. It took less than 2 hours to make the modification
Ryan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone has a little time to help me that would be great. I cant get MJ working. It didnt auto-install and I finally was able to get the update off the site to get the client up and running but any phone that is plugged in doesnt work at all. No dial tone, no talking. I did some searching and it looks like I need to move a file in the system32 folder on the C drive but I cant get into the C drive. It's a HP 5710.
brahmabullncsu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: ThinClient 5710 - No Phones Work Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:
If someone has a little time to help me that would be great. I cant get MJ working. It didnt auto-install and I finally was able to get the update off the site to get the client up and running but any phone that is plugged in doesnt work at all. No dial tone, no talking. I did some searching and it looks like I need to move a file in the system32 folder on the C drive but I cant get into the C drive. It's a HP 5710.

I'm having the same issue...after dealing with 2nd level MJ techs for over an hour I admitted having a TC which I was then told they're not recommended so nothing could be done...the only reason I bought my TC on eBay was for this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I tried the MJ on my laptop which worked, but when in my TC, no phone works...
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most TC's do not have USB Audio support by default, including the 5710. Without it, you can only use thesoftphone as the jack is non-functional. You need to install the USB Audio Drivers HERE and don't forget to commit the changes or you'll have to do it again after a restart. This should fix your issues. Report back and let us know.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: ThinClient 5710 - No Phones Work Reply with quote

brahmabullncsu wrote:
Ryan wrote:

I'm having the same issue...after dealing with 2nd level MJ techs for over an hour I admitted having a TC which I was then told they're not recommended so nothing could be done...the only reason I bought my TC on eBay was for this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

When you say "I can't get into the C drive" what do you mean? What is happening when you try and open the C drive?
brahmabullncsu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpman wrote:
Most TC's do not have USB Audio support by default, including the 5710. Without it, you can only use thesoftphone as the jack is non-functional. You need to install the USB Audio Drivers HERE and don't forget to commit the changes or you'll have to do it again after a restart. This should fix your issues. Report back and let us know.

That's exactly what it needed! Thanks!!!
Alpman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: ThinClient 5710 - No Phones Work Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
brahmabullncsu wrote:
Ryan wrote:

When you say "I can't get into the C drive" what do you mean? What is happening when you try and open the C drive?

He is probably not logged in as an Admin...C drive would be locked.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ThinClient 5710 - No Phones Work Reply with quote

Alpman wrote:
VaHam wrote:
brahmabullncsu wrote:
Ryan wrote:

He is probably not logged in as an Admin...C drive would be locked.

Yeah that is what I was wondering, if he knows how to get into admin; the install works better from there and he would be able to copy the files he needs too.
kulumbaa
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had made some changes on my TC a while ago don't exactly remember what, but after i rebooted the TC it now requires me to Log in as Administrator, which works.

my question is. is there a way to change it so that it doesn't ask for user and password b4 it fully starts.

thnx in advance.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kulumbaa wrote:
I had made some changes on my TC a while ago don't exactly remember what, but after i rebooted the TC it now requires me to Log in as Administrator, which works.

my question is. is there a way to change it so that it doesn't ask for user and password b4 it fully starts.

thnx in advance.

Look in control panel for "HP Logon Manager". The settings in that are what your looking for I think.
kulumbaa
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx VaHam that was the trick.
Paul Buck
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Mr Stroth's i'm finding conflicting info in these posts. Reply with quote

Regarding the ability to use 1Gb ddr pc2700. On this post it said someone had installed 1GB pc2700 on a HP T5710 1.2 ghz please clairify. (anyone)

"RAM
The t5700/t5710 series runs on 200pin PC2700 DDR RAM. It has a single slot which will take up to 512mb RAM officially. I have personally tried a 1GB module which would boot to the HP BIOS logo and freeze.
(NOTE: 8 or 16 MB of system RAM is reserved for processor usage.) 256mb is perfectly adequate for running the MagicJack, but 512mb will allow the system to be a bit more responsive and less likely to have performance issues.
- VaHam suggests these http://www.pcmemorystore.com/HP_Compaq-Thin_Client_Series-T5710-ram.htm - Current price $25.75 + shipping. They are verified to work on the t5700 series.
- I bought a pair of these (1 for each of my thin clients) Samsung 512MB PC2700 DDR from a seller on eBay for about $18.50 shipped each and they work fine in my t5710 and t5700.
If you want to buy from a well known store then go with pcmemorystore. If you want to save a few bucks, go with mine or a similar one on ebay."

Now I'm not sure whether it's system limitations or the model or the brand of ram that was incompatable will have to wait for an answer from one of the resident geniuses.
digitalknight
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Error about no internet connection Reply with quote

I get an error when the magicjack starts saying that it can not connect to the internet and then launches the web browser to a supposed auto fix page which loads fine so I know the internet is working on my T5730 TC

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thx

-DK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: