magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can not run MJ under VM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pollyanna
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: I can not run MJ under VM Reply with quote

I install VM with windows xp into Ubuntu 10.04 but I can not use the phone. I can make calls from the software but not the phone.... I can hear the tone when I pick the phone, but nothing happened when I dial no.... also in the software my phone no. does not appear and instead of showing my phone no it shows me 000 000 0000 ... how can I fix that?
rockeng
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Try getting the VM Updates and VM tools Reply with quote

Try having VM upload updates at startup and make sure you have installed VM tools on your virtual machine.

I have this working both in knoppix and Ubuntu. In fact I have a Ubuntu vitual machine running on knoppix and a windows XP pro virtual machine running in Ubuntu and still the MJ works fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: