magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I cant hear some incoming calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sat man
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: I cant hear some incoming calls Reply with quote

I receive some incoming calls and the line sounds dead from my end but the caller can hear me talking. it seems to be from cell phones. anyone else having this issue
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a MJ server/network problem.
jimchia
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Calllers can't hear me Reply with quote

Spent 3 hours on a chat with them yesterday with no solution and finnaly the chat dropped at their end. Are others having a similar issue? I use MagicJack Plus plugged into an outlet. It worked fine for several months and then suddenly started with this problem. People hear me just fine, but I hear nothing at my end.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem is still going on, I take it (it was just recently fixed on my MJ number, but apparently not on others'). MJ Customer Support continues to refuse to even acknowledge the problem. It's NOT your router, computer, phone, or MJ device - it's their servers/network.

Don't waste your time spending hour after hour in useless "chats" with them. All you can do is tell them that if they don't fix it ASAP you'll have to drop them as your VOIP provider and go with another company.
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up
netTALK DUO

It appears to have the same service as MJ+. $60 Can to buy, don't know the annual fee.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene45 wrote:
Look up
netTALK DUO

It appears to have the same service as MJ+. $60 Can to buy, don't know the annual fee.

- It's no better than MJ; many people have said it's actually worse. NT's cust.
"support" is just as bad as MJ's.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Obi with Google Voice.
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi?

I tried some of the links and the google.com/voice is the list of calls I have made on google phone.

Have not found how to get incoming calls.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cannot return your MJ, screw Obi and just spend a few bucks and use the GVJack App from here:

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this GV jack and google voice might be good as a free extension, or and upgrade to an existing line. I want it as THE line. I have no other phone.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene45 wrote:
All this GV jack and google voice might be good as a free extension, or and upgrade to an existing line. I want it as THE line. I have no other phone.

I use the GVJack App as THE one and only phone line. They offer a free trial period, nothing to lose to try it out.
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I correct in understanding that the app only works if he MJ is plugged into the USB port, and not if it is connected to the router?
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene45 wrote:
Am I correct in understanding that the app only works if he MJ is plugged into the USB port, and not if it is connected to the router?

That is correct. If keeping your computer on all the time is an issue, I would still test run the App to see if you like the quality of the GoogleVoice calls before investing in Obi hardware for GV purposes (Obi can be used with other VOIP providers than GV).
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want it as THE line. I have no other phone.

Gene, go to Amazon and order either Obi100( 2 providers, one line) or Obi202( 4 providers, 2 lines) and get free Goggle voice incoming and outgoing plus any other choice of inexpensive VOIP providers you choose. No computer needed. Smile
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my last "talk " with tech support, the message was if it quits again they will replace it. So I will wait to see. Generally it works Ok.
But it is good to know about the alternatives.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
Gene, go to Amazon and order either Obi100( 2 providers, one line) or Obi202( 4 providers, 2 lines) and get free Goggle voice incoming and outgoing plus any other choice of inexpensive VOIP providers you choose. No computer needed. Smile

Or, since you already have spent the money on the hardware, spend only $13 on the App (they frequently have sales for lower prices), and get free Google Voice incoming and outgoing. If you don't like having your PC on 24/7, like myself, forward your Google calls to your cell so you don't miss calls during odd hours.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GV jack is a valid solution indeed, as I pointed out on many occasions especially now wi8th the lower prices.
What I like on Obi-and on Obi202 in particular- that it opens to you the great world of inexpensive VOIP with different providers, solutions and opportunities and frees you from proprietary devices. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: