magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iMac won't boot if MJ is not plugged in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: iMac won't boot if MJ is not plugged in Reply with quote

I've had my current MJ for almost 2 years now with very little trouble. I use it primarily at home connected to my 2008 iMac via a powered USB hub. Recently, I had to go on an extended trip for work and decided to take it with me. It worked flawlessly on my laptop and everything seemed fine...until I talked to my wife. While I was away, she tried to turn on the computer at home (2008 iMac) and reported that it would not boot. It would only display the white boot screen and the Apple logo would never appear. She left it at that state for over an hour to see if it would finally boot but it never did. When I got home, I started doing some troubleshooting and I finally figured out that the computer will not boot if my MagicJack is not connected. If the MJ is connected, it boots quickly with no hesitations.

I tried the uninstaller that is available from the MagicJack support site and it had no effect. The problem persists. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

OS version is 10.6.6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: