magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intermittent ability to call out and receive calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrBob
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Intermittent ability to call out and receive calls Reply with quote

I've had the Magic Jack plus for about a month now. Suddenly I found out I could not make any calls out. Attempting to call in gives the message "the MJ customer you are calling is not available . . ."

I unplug the MJ, plug it back in and it appears to work for a minute or two, then quits again. I have the MJ plugged directly into my router, not a computer. No internet issues here as best I can tell as all works well with accessing any web site.

I've checked my account online and it appears fine. I cannot access any online help through the MJ web site as it's "not available."

Blue light is lit continuously. The red and green light blink "chasing" each other.

Everything appeared to be working fine up until yesterday, when I attempted to make a call and the call was dropped after about 1 minute.

I can't tell if this is an internet problem or a hardware problem, yet all the lights appears to be blinking correctly from what I've been able to find out about them on the internet.

Any help??
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the tiiiny white light next to / behind the blue light ?
DrBob
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see any white light. The Plus has the blue light that constantly is on, plus the red and "green" or what-ever color it is, that light intermittently. I've seen a description of these lights and they appear to be working normally.

The red light goes off when I disconnect the internet, then returns when reconnected.

Interesting that I disconnected the hardware from the internet, reconnected and it initially worked. There may be some IP issue with the router and access point that I am using that is causing an issue. I remember that the power went off briefly yesterday just prior to my finding this problem so it could be some hardware issue in my setup other than the MJ Plus.

Still investigating.

On another note, online support from MJ is apparently non-existent. ??

That will be a deal breaker if true. None of the "online chat" options work.
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you say you have MJ+, it has a white blinking light "inside" the blue light hole.
....... or do you have the latest "2014 MJ+" ... it may be different.

Se this: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/unboxing-mj-2014-and-comparson-with-original-plus-t13120.html
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Pilot is correct. I have the MJP (prior to 2014) and embedded in the steady blue light (which looks like a "+" symbol) is a blinking white light.
DrBob
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Los Angeles jack wrote:
Yes Pilot is correct. I have the MJP (prior to 2014) and embedded in the steady blue light (which looks like a "+" symbol) is a blinking white light.

I have the 2014 version so there is no white light inside the steady blue light. But, it may be a moot point.

All seems to be working now. Apparently it was an "internet" problem, or some issue with the MJ servers or what-ever they have running. That would explain why all the lights seem to say all was OK, but the calls were not going through. I also was unable to connect to the MJ online support "chat" so maybe they were affected by it also. Of course, I've never tried to connect with the chat support, so I don't know how reliable that is.

At any rate, it was a little disconcerting to find a complete lack of support from MJ over this issue. One would think a notice on their web site had there been an issue with their side of things, but maybe not.

I only have 6 months of service, having not bought anymore than what came with the MJ Plus in order to see how good things were.

At this point, a NEGATIVE 2 to MJ - no support over this issue and finding out after I got the thing that certain support phone lines are deemed "conference" calls (for lack of a better term) and one is required to purchase "per minute" access to those phones (one of which is my local electric utility company's customer support line).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: