magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

international calls to U.S. from MJ to prepaid cell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
briansok
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: international calls to U.S. from MJ to prepaid cell Reply with quote

Hello, can anyone answer this question.? I would like to know if calling the united states from the philippines using a magic jack will use up minutes on the prepaid cell? several people say no and several say yes. T mobile representative told me that it will use up minutes regarless of where the call is coming from but it wont cost anything. just use minutes. and my girlfriend says that her mom calls her all the time using MJ from the philippines to her AT&T phone and that it does not cost anything and it does not use minutes either. Please help me with this question. thanks
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would listen to the T-Mobile rep, i.e., it won't (technically) cost anything but it will use up minutes. So, the MJ could be free for you but a costly proposition for your friend.

Different providers have different plans. A friend of mine has a Verizon pre-paid cell phone. His plan charges him .99/day that he uses it. If a Verizon wireless customer calls him (me, for instance), he doesn't get charged for the minutes, just the .99 cents. But, if I call him from my MJ or my Google Voice number, he gets charged an additional .05 per minute, plus the original .99 for the day.

Caveat emptor.

Let us know what you find out from your actual experience. Thanks!
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the cell phone plan...

If the cell phone plan has free incoming minutes, then anybody can call that cell phone from anywhere in the world, and it will not cost the cell phone owner anyhing.

If the cell phone plan does NOT have free incoming minutes, then it WILL cost the cell phone owner whatever the normal cost of an incoming call is for that plan, regardless of whether it's a magicjack or a landline in Australia or the person who lives next door.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: