magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to activate MJ via VPN outside of US?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plan B
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to activate MJ via VPN outside of US? Reply with quote

Hello,

This is an EXCELLENT forum! So much info....

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered, but I have searched and I find many posts discussing the ways to USE vpn with MJ internationally but none so far with my issue.

I'm living in Costa Rica for 2 years. My mom sent me a MJ, however, she didn't activate and register a number in the US. I have a pre-configured VPN router. I've tried to activate using this with it configured for Atlanta. No go.... It loads all software, pops up the phone, but will not allow me to choose number and complete registration.

Is there a workaround to do this that anyone has found success with?? I may just have to have her send me another that is pre-registered if not.

Thanks very much!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't know enough about the issue to give a 100% certain answer.

But I have always wondered if one of the services that change your IP address would work for registering a MJ.

I played with one a while ago to get around a free trial period on some software that I was almost done with using. I don't remember which one I used, but it gave a few days of free use, and a certain number of IP address changes within a 24 hour period. It had a number of US and other country addresses for you to choose from to connect to, so I wonder if you could use that to register your device. It's also possible you may need to use a US or Canada based credit card for MJ, so that could be a possible issue as well.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sshould not make any difference in which country you activate MJ, as long as the ISP does not block the service.
Also, US based credit card is not needed to subscribe or extend MJ, only for buying international minutes , which i would not do anyway, there are better alternatives.
Did you try to contact MJ support in order to go wit5h them through the activation process ?
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
It sshould not make any difference in which country you activate MJ, as long as the ISP does not block the service.

Doing some searching, I think you're right. It gets posted every once in a while that it has to be registered in the US/Canada first, but that does seem to be wrong.
neo2121
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use vyprvpn to register all my magicjacks after I flash them with random SN's So it should work no problem...might run into problems on public proxies though. Hope that helps
Plan B
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo2121 wrote:
I use vyprvpn to register all my magicjacks after I flash them with random SN's So it should work no problem...might run into problems on public proxies though. Hope that helps

Well, I get a message "Error opening URL: The parameter is incorrect."

Hmmmmm : (
Plan B
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
neo2121 wrote:

Well, I get a message "Error opening URL: The parameter is incorrect."

Hmmmmm : (

UPDATE: I put it on a different computer, and I was able to pick a number. However, when I got to the point of finalizing it popped up this message in red:

log_id(XXXXXXXX): Can't edit order that has been shipped or killed

Odd....
neo2121
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you want you can give me the SN and I can register it for you I dont mind doing it
ogrish
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. vpn will be better
Japan VPNUS VPNUK VPN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: