magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it working on MAC's yet??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macuserbb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Is it working on MAC's yet?? Reply with quote

I saw that it's supposed to work on a Mac.....but does anyone know for sure??
I have an iMac running OSX 10.5 and 2 - 2.4G processors.
rootkit
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to MJ.com it will. http://www.magicjack.com/1/mac.asp

I have seen that some users here have had problems. Works fine for some too...

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/search.php?mode=results Search for "mac" and see how others have faired.
macuserbb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: MAC Reply with quote

Thank you!!! Laughing
minoe
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently taken my MJ to demonstate it for 2 friends, each with intel macs. It did work on both machines with the exception of not being able to dial out with the telephone. Only the softphone dialing worked properly.
Once the call was connected, the rest worked well.

I suspect that there might be a power issue with the USB jacks... not really sure.
derengetz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works on a mac mini and a macbook 1.83 Intel core duo with phone. Softphone not working yet.
reyrios
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works on my MacMini Intel but called id, call waiting does not work.
MacTivo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Works on my Intel Mac Pro tower...so far Reply with quote

I have an Intel Mac Pro tower with a dual core 2.66 Ghz chip and 3 gigs of ram and so far magicJack works fine although it lacks some features as others have mentioned. Has anyone tried using it on a Mac that gets it's internet connection via an airport wireless router? I'm thinking of putting it on my Mac mini which is hooked up to my 42" HDTV. Cool
kssoundman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a Magicjack. I'm using a new MacBook Pro 2.4GHz with 10.5.4 and its works about 25% of the time. Most of the time the outgoing calls don't connect it just goes dead or I get the other end ringing, they answer, they can hear me but I can't hear them. I think the product is a great idea but they shouldn't claim Mac compatibility by any stretch yet.
BigTuna
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the MJ on a iMAC. It losses features when I use it on the OSX leopard 10.5, that just are not in the mac softphone MJ. No caller ID , although I am trying a different phone interface, as suggested elsewhere in this forum, under the 100 Kohm resistor trick. The wired phones do not ring often. The softphone doesn't have a "calls made" or caller address book feature.

The quality of the sound, when it does work, does seem better than using same MJ on my XP platform PC. The MJ unit had to be erased 2x and I lost all phone record data on the erasure reset of MJ. The damages were caused by running the upgrades on the iMAC. They can only be done on the PC at this time. I don't like using PC much since I got the iMAC, but I don't want the extra expense of leaving a XP-PC running 24/7 to keep MJ service up and running. I moved the MJ back onto iMac, after my last erase of MJ to recover it. The MJ company wouldn't give any date, when i first asked when they would re-do the Mac beta. That answer was not acceptable to me, and I insisted on some date frame for next Mac Update. They came back with a appeasement of a 30 day window for next MAC beta upgrade. I won't hold my breath.
Garrison
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Works Great Reply with quote

I have been using my Magic Jack for two weeks now on a intel Mac Book with OS 10.5.4 on a Linksys wireless router and have had no problems at all.
wfsommer
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: My ID to Called Person able to be setup on a Mac? Reply with quote

My ID to Called Person able to be setup on a Mac?

Is this ever going to be able to be done?

Also, I see a software update for PCs, but is there an update for Macs also?

Thanks,

Bill
MaxxFordham
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it working on MAC's yet?? Reply with quote

macuserbb wrote:
Is it working on MAC's yet??

Um, it's probably not working on "Mac's" yet, whatever that is, but I bet it's working on Macs, now!
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had problems with it not working on an Intel based Mac. So, yes, it works on a Mac.

Don't expect to get Caller ID on your external phone, though. That function does not yet work, to the best of my knowledge.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
w0by
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: MagicJack on Snow Leopard Reply with quote

I have my MagicJack on Snow Leopard and it works wonderfully. No caller ID on the phone though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: