magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a hack to get rid of the advertising?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nestman
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Is there a hack to get rid of the advertising? Reply with quote

We all paid money to get our MJ. So why are we also being shown advertising? Anyone come up with a hack to get rid of it?
andy_taipei
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: How to Hide the MJ App in the background? Reply with quote

If anyone has any ideas please let us know. I heard there is a work around on PC's. Anyone have any ideas for Macs?
nestman
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the procedure for overcoming this on a PC? Maybe I can figure out the equivalent on a Mac.
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We all paid money to get our MJ.

Honestly now? You also agreed to terms of service that stated that as PART OF WHAT YOU WERE PAYING FOR, YOU'D BE SHOWN ADS.

Because seriously $20/year means you really paid for unlimited phone calls for a year. Yeah.

Grow up. Fine. If you don't want to see the soft phone, that's fine. I dig that. Post here, and discuss ways to get rid of it, or not use it, or hide it, or whatever. But don't be a douche trying to justify that by saying you "paid for it". You paid for a service. You accepted the TOS of the service when you signed on. And it's not like they "hid" it in there.

Quote:
11. Advertisements

You also understand and agree that use of the magicJack device and Software will include advertisements. Advertisements will be served through the magicPage� Software or the magicJack softphone � the software/softphone attempts to serve local advertisements and classifieds using a completely automated process that enables us to effectively target dynamically changing content. Our computers may analyze the phone numbers and your registration information you call in order to improve the relevance of the ads. We do not provide any personal information to our advertisers or third parties. magicJack has a policy of restricting advertisers that it believes are inappropriate, but it does not guarantee the accuracy or integrity of any advertisers and does not endorse any of the advertisements that may appear in connection with use of the magicJack device. You also understand and agree that use of the magicJack device and Software may include certain communications, such as service announcements, administrative messages and newsletters, and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nestman
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me not to get on your bad side.
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider yourself reminded.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
edembowski
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with ads, but they only advertise for a product that I've already purchased. That really doesn't make sense. Why aren't they doing something with third party ads to subsidize the service?

- Ed
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's because they're too busy providing superior customer service. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: