magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there an easy way to re-image a Wyse 9450 Thin Client?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Is there an easy way to re-image a Wyse 9450 Thin Client? Reply with quote

I have a few Wyse 9450 TC's around that need to be re-imaged. I've found what appears to be the appropriate XPe SP2 image on the Wyse website and I'm looking for an easy way, if there is such a thing, to re-image a few boxes. I found the Wyse Simple Image Tool, but that doesn't appear to be so simple. To use WSI, it appears I'd need to dedicate a PC (or 2) for it all to work. Not certain if I could run WSI on my regular desktop without hosing everything up, plus it says I'll need a dedicated DHCP server PC as well. Ughhh.

Is there an easier, truly simpler way to image these 9450's by using a bootable USB thumb drive or something?
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody? Nothing "down & dirty"?

Can I perhaps take the flash drive out of a TC unit with a known-good image and put it into an external hard drive case, hook it up to my regular PC and take an image of it using something like WinImage? And then write that same image to other flash drives I need to re-image? Would that work?
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any experience with Wyse thin clients. However, I don't see why you couldn't hook up an external USB drive to a working unit and boot with some imaging software to make an image of the drive.

Acronis TrueImage is a good simple one (not free). You can install it on your main PC and either make a bootable USB flash drive or CD. Boot with it and backup to a flash drive or USB hard drive.

Then use the same setup to restore to the other thin client. This is providing both have the same hardware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: