magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

linksys pap2 mj stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpeterson
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: linksys pap2 mj stopped working Reply with quote

All I would appreciate any help. It looks like they changed my sip info (password, proxy and user). I've updated everything on my pap2 but i'm still down. Any advice
sai0x0x
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my linksys supra stopped working too. I tried getting new sip info and it gave me new passwd but still no luck. seems something is changed.
tillithz
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i confirm the same
gb123
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: SIP seems disabled after Upgrade Reply with quote

Can anybody figure whats going on...? I desperately need to use it with my SIP device.

Could it be any special SIP header or something ?

Same as above .... got new SIP password does not work..
xguju
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: i agree Reply with quote

i can confirm this as well
craigm1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

im down just set my pap2 over the weekend says cant connect to login server on both of my lines
gb123
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: anybody try changing User Agent string on PAP2 Reply with quote

With new password, I tried changing user Agent string on PAP2 to

User-Agent: MagicJack/1.80.484a (SJ Labs)

Also tried using outboundproxy as proxy01.boston.talk4free.com and the proxy as talk4free.com.

Still no go... I used the wireshark capture after latest update of MJ to get these fields...

Not sure how they identify that it is not coming from MJ software.
seti007
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here on a spa2102. It started earlier today. I think they are onto us.
Anyone has a workaround yet?
w2cjc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROM: http://magicjackhacks.blogspot.com/2007/11/magicjack-sip-info.html

AS OF TODAY (6/9/09): User-Agent = MagicJack/1.80.466c Changed to: User-Agent = MagicJack/1.80.484a My iphone APPS (italk and siphone)dont work anywhere. I used MagicJack Utilities 1.5 & 1.6 to extracts the new info, but new info does not work. says: Registration Failed "ERROR: Credential failed to authenticate. Guess we need an update for MagicJack Utilities to give us the missing information its asking for. Please fix this Smile
johnmbailey
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: My PAP is down as well and I can't get SIP info Reply with quote

Everything was working fine until today. I have been using my old sunrocket Linksys box for 2 months with no issue. I cant use MJ Suite v1.6 to extract SIP info, but it sounds like it would do me no good now anyway until the problem is identified.
phatsacks
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can receive calls just fine on my Linksys 2102.

When I try to dial out, I get a busy signal.

Unrelated, or others on the linksys devices getting the same?
nostrodamus
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Linksys 2102 (ex Sunrocket) here

Ran Stroh's Utilities after the update and found new creds that seemed to work for a couple of hours, then went dead again.

Ran Stroh's again, found the password had changed again, but this time nothing worked. Changed the user agent. Changed the proxy a few times. Nothing made a difference. Got frustrated and went back to using the dongle with my old paperweight PC.

Just what I need in the middle of the summer in a room with no functional windows.... more heat from a second computer.

My service expires the first of August.... I don't think I want to renew if this can't be resolved. I could still get incoming calls on the other line of the 2102 using the Gizmo/Google Voice combo, but it's a pain in the ass running the ATA behind another router (needed to run 2 PCs) and then having one line from that and another line from the MJ dongle both going into the same phone.

Dan, since I know you have spies reading (and possibly posting) on this board, listen up..... Some of us have been reliable customers since day one (August 2007 here, close enough) We like your phone service enough to keep buying it, we just happen to think it runs better on our own hardware. Some of us would also rather use Linux than Windows for an operating system. Running Magic Jack on an ATA allows that. You still get your money. What's the problem?
qmaster01
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: I spoke with Dan Borislow and Andy J. Borislow Reply with quote

Linksys 2102 on MJ account #1 and Linksys PAP2 on MJ account #2 both went down as stated above. I used MJ_dump (executable decompiler) to extract newly changed password on 6-12-09 and it is still down. Like the person said before me, It looks like I won't be renewing for another year and I'm glad that I didn't pay upfront for 5 years. When my contract expires in a month, I will not bother to renew. In the mean time, I guess I'll have to make about 25 tech calls (text messages) to tech support. I suppose this will keep Dan (owner) and Andy's (Dan's brother) tech people busy. Funny thing is that I spoke with Dan and Andy, in person, about 6 months ago and Andy stated "I know that there are a few forums out there promoting alternate VoIP adapters such as the Un official MJ forum but my feelings are as long as people are paying the annual service, I don't care if they use the Magic Jack or use their own VoIP adapter". Dan's feelings were somewhat different, stating "I know there's guys out there using their own equipment and I don't like it. We can't support them on tech support and we lose control over the whole thing. It makes me wonder if they have other ways to circumvent our system and obtain free service". My response was "well you use password protection and you can monitor all the traffic from a magic jack. If you see two active devices on the same account you could shut them dowm by deactivating the phone number. Dan's response was "we have no way to monitor call traffic and/or multiple devices at this time". << Looks like they came up with something new. Sorry Dan and Andy, I will dump this VoIP garbage and go back to reliable copper POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) through Cavalier Telephone or Verizon unless I can get this resolved immediately.
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see a mass exodus brewing that might make Dan rethink his new fix.. If there is a huge drop in renewing and sign ups because of his stubborn stand, then it could make a difference.. Hmmm.. Maybe money can talk..I'm sure that a lot of people will buy the MJ just for the ability to take a phone line wherever, but, a huge portion of his sales were to the geeks that were able to improve on his lousy service. I, for one, am not interested in leaving my PC on constantly, or putting up with the lousy quality that the MJ Dongle provides.. I will be moving on, too.. Its time for a look at the alternatives.. My wonderful little MJ set up as of June 9 2009 suddenly sucks and I'm not interested in stepping back to the lousy beginning of the crappy days of MJ.. Confused
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I know more people who use the MJ with the dongle than with an ATA or alternative. What percentage do you all think use MJ with an ATA compared to the overall user base? I suspect the percentage is small and will not have a significant enough of an impact to make Dan rethink the most recent change.
grillovillegas
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally already returned two fo the MJ i had....
bcz they dont work in the ATA
izzyoo7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: dead with linksys rtp300 Reply with quote

same for me

it stopped working on tuesday 6/9/2009

i have updated password, user agent using the magic jack utilities 1.6. but no luck.

it seems as magicjack require authentication, they probably also encrytped the password. the new algorythm was uploaded on the magicjack device as soon as the plug it, it did a software update.

izzy
ramjet555
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: SToths worked for me but, can't get MagicJack on Linksys Reply with quote

Extration shows the same info,
but I can't get my Linksys phone adapater to work,
no dial tone nothing.

I would really appreciate some screen shots from anyone who gets
MagicJack working on Linkyss Pap2

Thanks

Ramjet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: