magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linksys PAP2T-NA recommended, what ATA do others prefer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davrow
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Linksys PAP2T-NA recommended, what ATA do others prefer? Reply with quote

Very Happy I am going to purchase my first ATA and wondered if people have an opinion on which is "best" at this time.

Best being a compromise between voice quality, product durability and price (in order of importance). Wink

Also, I'll simply shop eBay unless anyone has a preferred vendor to recommend.

Thanks, David
gashliquor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Linksys PAP2T-NA recommended, what ATA do others prefer? Reply with quote

davrow wrote:
Very Happy I am going to purchase my first ATA and wondered if people have an opinion on which is "best" at this time.

Best being a compromise between voice quality, product durability and price (in order of importance). Wink

Also, I'll simply shop eBay unless anyone has a preferred vendor to recommend.

Thanks, David

I prefer the Linksys PAP2T the NA means North America, Just be careful there are alot of fake PAP2 and PAP2T's out there as in counterfeit. You can tell by running the MAC address online and also by the Linksys sticker on the top of the device and by the RJ45 ports and the RJ11 ports. Why in the world do they bootleg these in asia i have no idea but don't get a fake they burn up and maybe your home too and thats no joke Exclamation ( Watch who you buy from on ebay as thats where alot of fakes come from but i know someone that sells real ones brand new unlocked on there from VA ) 99.9% of Linksys sellers on ebay from Hong Kong, China is bull shit counterfeit devices Exclamation Exclamation
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing to look at is how many lines you will need and do you need faxing capabilities?
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
The other thing to look at is how many lines you will need and do you need faxing capabilities?

The PAP2 and the PAP2T is only good for analog faxing, Even analog faxing is hit or miss on VoIP ( Have to limit Baud Rate etc ). Yes there are ATA'S that do faxing and support the T.38 Codec however if your VoIP provider does NOT have a trunk that supports T.38 you can hang that up also Exclamation

NOTE: If i have to fax at 9600 Baud or below over VoIP i don't use it, I live for todays technolgy not 15 years ago. Plus ANY VoIP provider i know even if it supports fax it's BW at best when i can fax BW & Color but not on VoIP and only color to a compatible machine which is usually commerical when it comes to color fax.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: