magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linksys (RT31P2) Voip Router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicJacked
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Linksys (RT31P2) Voip Router Reply with quote

I just won a Linksys (RT31P2) Voip Router off ebay.

Did I do good?

It cost me $14.01. I don't have it yet, but I plan to use it with the MJ service so I can turn off my PC.

I guess no 911?

Thanks.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RT31P2 voice section is very similar to PAP2 and should work very well with MJ service.

You may have trouble unlocking it, depending on the previous provider, how the former owner configured it, etc. Find out what you can from the seller, and try to gain access to the admin pages and make sure provisioning is disabled, before connecting it to the Internet.

Although 911 should work, using the last address that you set with MJ, you should not depend on any VoIP service for emergencies.
diplexer
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these and found it very difficult to hack. I gave up and just got a SR MTA6328RE and unlocked it in a matter of minutes. Good Luck. Let me know if you know an easy way to unlock from Vonage.
MagicJacked
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller said they were including the un-lock instructions. Hopefully I will have no problems.
Thanks for the info.
diplexer
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have instructions but found it very difficult. You have to set up a tftp server and flash new bins if you can even gain access with the password provided. I got as far as the tftp server and failed. Hope you have better luck. Let us know. Mine was locked by Vonage. Maybe yours will be something easier.
MagicJacked
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have my voip router. I logged in using the web page of the router. I did not connect the router to a network yet.

How can I tell if it is "locked" or not?

The firmware is 1.30.00.
It is a Linksys RT31P2.
The box the router came in has alot of vonage paperwork.

Going throught the web based screens I don't see any mention of Vonage.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicJacked wrote:
Ok, I have my voip router. I logged in using the web page of the router. I did not connect the router to a network yet.

The firmware is 1.30.00.
It is a Linksys RT31P2.
The box the router came in has alot of vonage paperwork.

Going throught the web based screens I don't see any mention of Vonage.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Yer at a nightmare to unlock this puppy. PM mazilo on dslreports forum. I think he has some xions to folks who can handle this for a small fee, perhaps even remotely

Good luck
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicJacked wrote:
If you don't have access to the Voice tab with at least the options shown here http://www.broadvoice.com/support_install_byod_lnksys_RT31P2.html , it's not unlocked enough to use with MJ. Ideally, you should also have access to the provisioning settings, so you can make sure that it won't download new settings or firmware from Vonage.
MagicJacked
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart wrote:
MagicJacked wrote:
If you don't have access to the Voice tab with at least the options shown here http://www.broadvoice.com/support_install_byod_lnksys_RT31P2.html , it's not unlocked enough to use with MJ. Ideally, you should also have access to the provisioning settings, so you can make sure that it won't download new settings or firmware from Vonage.

Ok, thanks. It is locked. Unlocking it is a pain, but seems like something I can do. But the info I found is about 1 year old, hopefully it is still valid.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicJacked wrote:
Ok, thanks. It is locked. Unlocking it is a pain, but seems like something I can do. But the info I found is about 1 year old, hopefully it is still valid.
You might also check if you can access Voice_adminPage.htm -- some configs have this open, even though the Voice tab does not appear. Otherwise, if your firmware version is no newer than what's described in your unlock instructions, you should be fine. If not, it's still worth a shot.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be late.... but i found this page...on unlocking

http://www.bargainshare.com/index.php?showtopic=88743&st=0&p=741176&#entry741176

Peace
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Linksys (RT31P2) Voip Router Reply with quote

MagicJacked wrote:
I just won a Linksys (RT31P2) Voip Router off ebay.

Did I do good?

It cost me $14.01. I don't have it yet, but I plan to use it with the MJ service so I can turn off my PC.

I guess no 911?

Thanks.

So did you get it to work? I know its late.
MagicJacked
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, a few reasons...
MJ service is out alot, so not worth wasting time at this point.
It seemed like alot of effort to crack, but seemed like I could do it. So I procrastinated.
MJ started to encript the password, so I just put it back in the box. I might play with it someday.
My PC is on all the time anyway.
The ata only cost me about $15.
I like playing Counter Strike Source more than I need a second phone line on an ata.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
This may be late.... but i found this page...on unlocking

http://www.bargainshare.com/index.php?showtopic=88743&st=0&p=741176&#entry741176

Peace
Kumar

Linksys ATA is damn hard to unlock - trust me, the link above only works on a certain numbers of early version of this ATA. Later versions are almost impossible to unlock since they change/encrypt the password Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: