Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
login password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerryaycock
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: login password

Suddenly when my computer reboots, I am being asked for email address and password.
I came back from vacation to no phone. MJ live help says this is normal.
chevyguy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject:

Yes it will ask for login information if your computer was powered down and had to reboot. For magic jack to be turned on your computer has to be turned on. Don't rely on magic jack to be your main phone line. It's fun to use when it's working but it is not always reliable. I also use skype, and a tracfone cellular phone.

Clayton
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject:

chevyguy wrote:
Yes it will ask for login information if your computer was powered down and had to reboot. For magic jack to be turned on your computer has to be turned on. Don't rely on magic jack to be your main phone line. It's fun to use when it's working but it is not always reliable. I also use skype, and a tracfone cellular phone.

Clayton

uhhhhhhhhhh not true as I power down my PC every night and when I power up in the morning MJ does not ask me for ANY login in information. In fact I have had my PC off for days and thet never happens.. Not once in 2 years. ONLY after I had a "lucky you" update did that happen ONE TIME....

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gork
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject:

Anyone else having any interesting experiences with this one? Even though I've never received a "pop up box" asking for my email address and magicjack account password before, now every second or third time of either rebooting or restarting magicjack I'm clobbered by said popup box. It's annoying, because I run magicjack on an XP machine in the furnace room with no monitor attached. It stays on all the time, and it automagically updates WinXP and reboots itself. And now every few times it does that and/or magicjack updates itself, or if I have to reboot the machine I'm stuck with having to put in the un/pw info. It's NOT very handy, when it would have been just as easy for them to allow you to login with this information via settings in the interface itself. Ugh. I already found it painful that the "headset volume" resets itself every time magicjack reboots, and now this. :(

Here's a photo of the "popup box" I'm talking about

mike72172
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject:

I'm having the same issue. It's been going on for a few weeks now. Also noticed the mj has been shutting down regularly. I've had my mj for well over a year and until now it has run great.
gork
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject:

My magicJack isn't just simply shutting down on its own like you describe, but when the comptuer reboots itself magicJack often doesn't come up anymore because of this "new feature." I'll notice the phone isn't working and will have to run down to the furnace room and hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the computer and enter my username and password to get it back up.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject:

gork wrote:
My magicJack isn't just simply shutting down on its own like you describe, but when the comptuer reboots itself magicJack often doesn't come up anymore because of this "new feature." I'll notice the phone isn't working and will have to run down to the furnace room and hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the computer and enter my username and password to get it back up.

I have the latest MJ updates on my WinXP machine and I DON'T see this behavior. It isn't there now (I just rebooted the machine last night to install the Microsoft patch Tues updates) and its never been there before.

In my 2+ years with magicjack the only time I had to login as you describe was when my account was hosed. I contacted techsupport and they "refreshed" my account. You might try having them reset (refresh) your account.
gork
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, hsweiss. I'll have to try calling them and see what they have to say. I've heard nightmares with regard to utililizing customer service, but maybe I need to bite the bullet.

If you get a second and don't mind, would you try restarting your MJ three or four times in a row just to be sure it doesn't happen to you now? It only happens to me every so many restarts. I'm sure you already know, but you can right click on the MJ icon by the clock, go to the advanced menu and choose restart from there.
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject:

gork wrote:
Thanks, hsweiss. I'll have to try calling them and see what they have to say. I've heard nightmares with regard to utililizing customer service, but maybe I need to bite the bullet.

If you get a second and don't mind, would you try restarting your MJ three or four times in a row just to be sure it doesn't happen to you now? It only happens to me every so many restarts. I'm sure you already know, but you can right click on the MJ icon by the clock, go to the advanced menu and choose restart from there.

You can't *call* tech support - its a chat service via the www.magicjack.com web site.

I have restarted MJ 3-4-5 times in a row just recently as I was using some of the utilities to obtain my SIP credentials. I was shutting down and restarting MJ over and over again. This was in the last 2 weeks. I never had to login.
gork
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject:

This only happened to me within the last couple of days afaik, though I wouldn't have noticed it until my computer rebooted of course. I did just reboot my computer remotely to install some stuff and I wasn't asked for the un/pw. But as I've mentioned, it doesn't happen every time.

And yeah, sorry, my mistake - I'm aware it's "chatty support." :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: