magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long distance charges on forwarded lines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonnic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Long distance charges on forwarded lines. Reply with quote

I have a few magicjacks that I use. For ease of use for people that aren't local to me, I have different magicjack numbers in diffferent area codes. I forward those numbers to my local number and in one instant forward those calls to another number that forwards to a different long distant number. Who pays the toll when connecting? It is a local number for those individuals who are dialing out, but they are forwarded to different number unknown to them, which is not local.

The other part that adds complexity is that I have an answering service that transfers calls to me during the day. In the past if a long distance user called and then was transfered to me, they would pay the LD until the transfer and then I would pay the LD once the call service transfered calls to me. (I would get a bill from my call answering service). To get around this, I have put in a magicjack number in front of my answering service that forwards my calls to my answering service (to try to simulate that it is being forwarded from a local number to the answering service, however the call display still shows long distance numbers).

Will that work? Lol. I am using 2 local magicjack numbers, 1 call answering service number and it feels so convoluted. I may draw a diagram to show what I mean, but in the meantime does this make sense to anyone? Smile
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Long distance charges on forwarded lines. Reply with quote

tonnic wrote:
I have a few magicjacks that I use. For ease of use for people that aren't local to me, I have different magicjack numbers in diffferent area codes. I forward those numbers to my local number and in one instant forward those calls to another number that forwards to a different long distant number. Who pays the toll when connecting? It is a local number for those individuals who are dialing out, but they are forwarded to different number unknown to them, which is not local.

The other part that adds complexity is that I have an answering service that transfers calls to me during the day. In the past if a long distance user called and then was transfered to me, they would pay the LD until the transfer and then I would pay the LD once the call service transfered calls to me. (I would get a bill from my call answering service). To get around this, I have put in a magicjack number in front of my answering service that forwards my calls to my answering service (to try to simulate that it is being forwarded from a local number to the answering service, however the call display still shows long distance numbers).

Will that work? Lol. I am using 2 local magicjack numbers, 1 call answering service number and it feels so convoluted. I may draw a diagram to show what I mean, but in the meantime does this make sense to anyone? Smile

This scenario is so bizarro it has to be a super-troller...
maine-iac
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Long distance charges on forwarded lines. Reply with quote

tonnic wrote:

Did you write this on a night with a full moon?
tonnic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. K let's make it easier

if I have a mj number that I forward to a LD number, who pays the LD? Nit the caller, correct?
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonnic wrote:
Lol. K let's make it easier

if I have a mj number that I forward to a LD number, who pays the LD? Nit the caller, correct?

Have you ever gotten a bill from MJ after paying your initial fees for making a call within N. America?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: